Anyone know this boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

latravcha

https://www.denisonyachtsales.com/y...-44-Trawler-2004-Orange-Beach-Alabama/7019695

Even though I was planning on waiting a few more years before I purchase a trawler I'm very tempted to look at this boat. It is a 2004 44' Defever. This would be a great boat for us and checks all the boxes except stabilizers. One of the biggest attractions is that the boat is already in the area where we would keep our boat.
I know pictures can be deceiving and may be several years old but damn she is pretty.

Does anyone know the history on this boat?

https://www.denisonyachtsales.com/y...-44-Trawler-2004-Orange-Beach-Alabama/7019695

Even though I was planning on waiting a few more years before I purchase a trawler I'm very tempted to look at this boat. It is a 2004 44' Defever. This would be a great boat for us and checks all the boxes except stabilizers. One of the biggest attractions is that the boat is already in the area where we would keep our boat.
I know pictures can be deceiving and may be several years old but damn she is pretty.

Does anyone know the history on this boat?
For the details on that specific boat, check the broker for its provenance as well as the DeFever Owners group, as they track as many boats as they can with limited resources.
For the 44's in general, they are a great in-shore cruiser. There are usually a few for sale in the SE every year. They are popular with loopers, so turn over is reasonable. A few 44's are stabilized. Btw, one version of the DeFever 49 (referred to as the "44+5") is the same hull & layout as the 44 you like with a 5' aft cockpit (different hull from my 49 RPH) Most of the 49's are stabilized, which is why I mention it.

My advice would be if you know you want a stabilized boat, don’t rush in and get one that’s unstabilized. It sure would be expensive to add active fins after the fact, although you could add paravanes much cheaper obviously.

Any, just my .02. And worth about that. [emoji30]

For the 44's in general, they are a great in-shore cruiser. it.

They are a good offshore boat too. Not a lot different than the PH 49s in that regard. I know of a DF 44 that has crossed Atlantic and another that regularly cruised Southern Chile. Crew skill, boat preparedness and weather routing is the key for offshore work.

If you examine the particular 44 in detail, there was space in the ER allotted for stabilizers. If this space is not already buggered up, with $$ stabilizers can be added. Or, keep your eyes opened on both coasts for a stabilized DF 44, 44+5, 48 or PH 49. They sell quickly if well cared for.

It looks very nice. Appears well maintained.

Thanks guys.
I think I'm going to set an appointment to look at this boat the next time we are in Orange Beach, which should be just a few weekends after Memorial day.

I did notice that most of the of the 49's have stabilizers already but I have not seen one listed locally.

Thanks guys.
I think I'm going to set an appointment to look at this boat the next time we are in Orange Beach, which should be just a few weekends after Memorial day.

I did notice that most of the of the 49's have stabilizers already but I have not seen one listed locally.
Travis,
I'm a little bias, but great choice on boat model! [emoji16] A D44 is a well founded boat that will hold its value and take you just about anywhere you want to go.
Not knowing what your travel plans are for your boat, I'll throw this out for consideration....
When we were looking for Salty, one of the "must have" criteria was NO stabilizers. I do all my boat maintenance and didn't want the additional seal&hydro maintenance they would require. Also, our normal cruising is in shallow water with lots of crab trap lines and oyster reefs, so I didn't want stabilizer fins creating additional exposure. We are retired and have the luxury of no schedule pressure to travel offshore when things are sloppy. May not fit your travel plans, but works for us....YMMV!
Happy hunting!
Luke

Back
Top Bottom