not a trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dhauz

My plan was to go and find a great trawler to purchase for our later years.
I wanted something in the 38 to 44' range. I preferred twin naturally aspirated diesel, I liked the Lehamns.
Now here I am in an agreement on a 2000 Sea Ray Aft Cabin with twin Cats.
She is pretty.
I hope this boat works out and of course she will be surveyed both mechanically and structurally as well as all running and functional system.

We may like her

Congrats and good luck in your buying process! I went in the same direction. I had my mind set on 40'ish trawler to replace my Camano 31 but I ended up looking at planing hulls (mainly the Bayliner 4788 and the Silverton 35 motoryacht). I ended up with the latter and closed on her 2 weeks ago.

Love the aft cabin design. I dont fish much so I don't miss not having a cockpit.

Can't say I know much about coastal Massachusetts but up here in the "Pacific North West," and coastal British Columbia, I'm a big believer in aft cabins with the "cockpit" above it. I like spreading living over all the available space in smaller vehicles whether a boat or RV.

Not being in the south with gobs of sun, rain is a reality and warmth inside the boat another, with much of your living inside rather than outside the cabin. So spread out living is a big plus for me. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new acquisition.

For the longest time I was a big trawler fan, the style to me is amazing, traditional lines like the Grand Banks so fine. But I bought an express cruiser as I live close to some phenomenal boating just over from my home marina - Desolation Sound, Jarvis and Prince Louisa Inlet, and the Broughtons. I now like to quickly boogie over to Powell River, almost directly across from my marina, then when I turn left or right, I slow down to smell the roses, metaphorically speaking.

Its nice to be able to save an hour or two to get in deeper into the great locations in the inlets and fjords around me.

Back
Top Bottom