One Of The Worst Fouled Bottoms I've Ever Come Across

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice marine habitat

Here's another.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 140
I think they call those "Floating Reefs" in the FL keys. Usually faster to take them to the railway as they will need bottom paint anyway. The corals growth on some can be impressive.

Ted

I had a neighbor who ended up in the Federal Penitentiary for an extended stay. That’s exactly how his boat looked when he got out.

So many comments running through my feeble mind.
A. take it to the yard, have it hauled. Gotta be less expensive than hiring a diver to clean the hull
B. be careful now much you chip and scrape off that hull. That marine growth may be the only thing from keeping the hull leaking.
C. That is not my boat.
D. if a boat I was interested in had marine growth like that, I would strike it from my list of 'boats to consider.' If the bottom is that bad, the rest of the boat must really suck.
E. I wonder if the owner is still alive.

I think if I was the yard manager I would have to charge him more just for messing up the straps:facepalm::facepalm:

Do both those boats and charge them to dredge out the well

Mr. fstbttms you've got a lot of guts going into the water and doing THAT for a living. I look at this photo and it is really gross. I remember everytime I would scrape my sailboat on the Banana River (Cocoa Beach area) thousands of little water bugs would swarm all over me. Nasty.

I guess that's why you are wearing that hermetically-sealed suit with full face mask (at least your photo looks that way). You may want to visit the nuclear-material-disarmament store and grab on of those suits as well :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 230

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom