Old 04-25-2019, 07:16 AM   #1
Star0210
Guru

City: Madisonville, LA
Vessel Name: Sea Star
Vessel Model: 2004 Cruisers Yachts 50SS
Some people just shouldn’t own a boat!

If this is not allowed, please delete.
Thought it would be a good discussion on insurance, boat ownership responsibility, squatting, etc.
Squatting and insurance fraud in Jupiter, FL?
This was posted elsewhere.

“Here's the time line:

Thur 4/18 pm: to my knowledge my boat is is out anchored and floating(im in NC 700 miles away on family emergency)

Fri 10am: i call and purchase progressive insurance effective immediately because i hear storms are coming, and tell them im concerned thats why im buying the policy.
(only had the boat less than a month, had not registeted or bought ins yet had 30 days, so titled it only in my name)

Fri Pm/sun am: my boat is evidently driven by the storms and beached.

SATERDAY PM a friend checks on my boat, sends me this photo and tells me boat is beached.

SUNAY AM: I file claim (just wanting it towed out and reanchored, ('sign/glide)

SUNDAY 10:00pm jupiter marine police issue me citation for $145 in fines (that i receive today 4-24)

During this time 'progressive' has not sent an adjuster yet and is still 'reviewing' to determine if it will be covered, and it has been subject to vandalism for almost a week now while they decide to cover the claim or not!

Thoughts/opinions please

Wednesday i call progressive adjuster and he says their 'reviewing the claim' STILL! While the boat remains subject to damage/vandalism”

For some background, Check out this guys you tube he is a squatter and it just shows he would have canceled his insurance as soon as the storm was over he is a scammer
Attached Images

Star0210 is offline   Reply With Quote