Keeping It Humble!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
Listening to the cruiser's net this morning a boat announced that they had snagged a runaway dinghy. Sian stuck her head out to check if it was ours - and of course it was!

We are tucked against a cay that is good for last night's NE breeze (which wasn't gusting more than 18 knots or so). We always double bag our dinghy at night. Four or five turns on a cleat and then we bring a yellow nylon tow rope on board and tie it to a cockpit strut with a turn and three half hitches, looser that the dinghy painter. Dinghy has sat there through much worse than last night.

Just shows to go you, things happen!

Dinghy is getting delivered in a short while in return for a bottle of Kim Crawford!

Greeings,
Mr. m. Do you suspect skulduggery or simply poop occurs?

I an keeping an open mind to both, but will never know. We are just down the beach from the local hostelry - Chat n Chill!

In the Bahamas, those 6:00 am , “Has anybody seen a dinghy float by?” are some of the saddest radio traffic you here.

Those calls made me adopt my “One is none, two is one” policy for dinghy painters and tying up. :)

In the Bahamas, those 6:00 am , “Has anybody seen a dinghy float by?” are some of the saddest radio traffic you here.

Those calls made me adopt my “One is none, two is one” policy for dinghy painters and tying up. :)

Cruising here without a dinghy Is impossible - if you lose yours it's time to find another to buy if you can, or go home!

It's rare that I don't put mine on the cradle each night. Didn't last night because I got back late and the mosquitoes were out in full force. Thought about it all night. Was there this morning. A lot of worrying for nothing.

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom