Admiral's Chair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NCheaven

Vessel Name
Boatwright
Vessel Make
Camano 31
Any good suggestions, especially with pictures, for an Admiral's chair? I welcome your ideas!

NCheaven

Might be a good idea to post some pictures of where you want to put the chair and if it should be permanently mounted.

Ted

Our boat doesn't really have space for a permanently mounted Admiral's chair at the main helm (without losing dinette/table space.)

During our survey, our PO mentioned to me that if I get the boat, I should make sure to get a folding captain's chair for her - that's what he had for his Admiral.

When we took delivery, we found that he'd put their chair on the boat for us! :dance:

And the Admiral:smitten:, she likes it! (When she's not in the helm seat...)

20180901_111345 crop.jpg

It's a folding tall captain's or director's chair, and has a little foot rest to it, I think probably this one...

https://www.amazon.com/Medal-Height-Natural-Directors-Chair/dp/B008AV6UVO?th=1

Here's a photo of it stowed next to the stairs down into the aft cabin:

20190303_155202 cropped.jpg

$1000 toilet?

Attachments

• 9F91ED90-F727-4B19-9357-A03EC0494264.jpg
    9F91ED90-F727-4B19-9357-A03EC0494264.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 60
The admiral has been asking for an upper helm chair next to mine for several years. I finally figured out a way to do it. I will be finishing it this weekend. Its not perfect, but it is decent and reversable if ever necessary.

Ken

It’s teak ,has a mesh seat , very comfortable and it folds up. It’s our helm chair. Picked it up at Defender Industries.

Attachments

• 3C7018F7-5F0E-4A46-B67A-2E877D9889D8.jpg
    3C7018F7-5F0E-4A46-B67A-2E877D9889D8.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 54
This is more like it but it`s just a link as I can`t copy the pics.https://www.google.com/search?q=adm...KHXrmC_IQ9QEwBHoECAkQDA#imgrc=HIPn6CiVlGdGmM:
fp, I see you are fitting some new batts too.

Agreed, if I were spec'ing a new one I would go for teak with captain's navy sunbrella to match our canvas. I may be re-canvasing this chair this spring as a prelude/practice to starting on projects to protect rail varnish. In the case of our boat and salon layout, the fold up is a must.

Yeah, the pic was actually from our delivery "weekend" last Sept. We knew the existing house bank batts needed replacing and brought a new set with us, in case we needed them during the weekend. Turns out we did, so day 2 of our ownership was fitting and wiring the first 4 GC-2s.

Back
Top Bottom