Cayo Costa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gknoepfler

Draw 3.5’. Can someone post a simple route to the state park dock coming down from Boca Grande?
Thanks in advance for your help. Looks like a great stop!

Turn West at "74" and head for a sign that is just off the beach. Turn to port and run about 50' off the sand beach to the state pier.

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 92
We’ve been in there several times with 5’ draft and never had any issues. It is a good anchorage although it can get crowded on some weekends. Just take the ICW south and then (from Active Captain) follow these directions. They worked for us.

From ICW R74 head west leaving the 'No wake' dolphin sign close to starboard. Stay very close (50 feet) of the beach on starboard side for 50 yards until it turns away to the right. At then head straight for the wooden state docks. The minimum depth is about 6 feet MLW.

Turn West at "74" and head for a sign that is just off the beach. Turn to port and run about 50' off the sand beach to the state pier.

Been there numerous times following that route. I draw 4.5' of water.

Ter

And it is a great place to stay. The wife and I love anchoring there for the weekend.

This is one of our favorite anchorages in that area. The route shown in Fryedaze post is the one we use. We usually anchor northeast of the park dock, in fact my avatar picture was taken there.
The walk from the dock to the beach is kind of long, but, very nice too.

Last edited:
Pretty sure we have seen DELFIN in there a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom