The mother of all engine rooms!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Warms my old snipe's heart. She carries an amazing amount of aux equipment. Thanks.

Warms my old snipe's heart. She carries an amazing amount of aux equipment. Thanks.

I haven't heard the term 'snipe' since I left the Navy during Vietnam...it means engine room mechanic? I was in P3 aircraft and I think you guys called us 'airedales' or something equally unkind.

Impressive!
Don't think I want to be below sea level in a ship, behind a watertight door, that requires electricity to open.

Ted

Basically applies to any engineering rating, Ken. At one point I was a submarine reactor operator - so a "bubblehead nuc snipe" - you could write a book about Navy (not necessarily nautical) terminology. As far as aviation - brownshoe, rotorhead - wasn't much interface between you guys and us.

I was used to being in the engine room below sea level, Ted. But you're right, electric operated WTD is unsettling. Wonder what the manual operation looks like?

Thanks for ER [and other on board locations] video. I'd need cell ph and Siri for directions to get around. Heck of a layout. Supreme Engineering Galore!!

Back
Top Bottom