New old guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pcpete

Vessel Name
Glauben
Vessel Make
1988 3818 Bayliner
Now there’s a title. After thirty five or so years of having 25kn cruisers, we decided to finally take things a bit slower. We have looked at the Bayliner 38xx as the best configuration for us for many years but what held us back was the ladder to the command bridge. It’s near vertical. I was looking at a candidate boat trying to figure out how to make it acceptable, and realized that if I moved the bottom out a bit and added a removable step, everything would work. So, two and a half years ago we bought a 1988 3818 with the standard 175 NA Hinos.
We live north of Seattle and cruise the entire Salish Sea. The boat is stored on the hard at a facility with huge forklifts that easily move some 700 boats in and out of the water. Our cruising speed depends more on our mood than anything, but it probably is about 60% hull speed and 40% at 15kn. I loved it when the Admiral witnessed a refueling after two weeks of cruising in the San Juan’s and Gulf Islands of Vancouver Island, and said, “is that all?” So far we’ve put around 350 hours on the engine meters and I plan to do more than 200 before the end of this year.

Welcome Aboard!

Pete, congrats on the new boat and welcome to TF. I really like the Bayliner MY's. They offer a lot of room and comfort in a boat that's easy to cruise on,.

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new boat.

Slow cruising the PNW is the best. See more. Burn less. Safer. Happy sailing!

Let's see if I can remember your boats name and be on the lookout for you. My boat is moored at a marina in Comox on Vancouver Island, but a hop skip and a jump over to Jarvis Inlet and Desolation Sound. Hope I see you this summer. My boat is on the hard for a major refit and won't be on the water until early June.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom