Anyone Want To Guess What We Did Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
:socool:

Attachments

• Location.jpg
    Location.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 108
You got out of bed before 8:47 am?

Actually after taking that photo I realized that I had not turned on DST on that chart plotter - so it should have read 9:47! Fixed now!

But not the answer. There is a clue in the photo!

From that position at that heading it looks like you ran into Hog Cay? I hope you changed course soon enough.

You got your first glass of wine at 9:47AM? Don't worry I know what it is :D

L

Other possibility, you got your power back at 9:47AM after days of outage, no worry, again I know what it is lol :D

L

Tropic of Cancer?

Man, this is a tough crowd... ;)

U had lunch at Santana's restaurant?

RU headed to Long I? I have a number of blue holes there that need to be checked out.

And all this time I thought the tropics began in Vero Beach....:socool:

Cover your varnish!

RT got it, I think. What's that SOS indicator, and are you transmitting it, or receiving it from someone else?

U had lunch at Santana's restaurant?

RU headed to Long I? I have a number of blue holes there that need to be checked out.

Passed one on the way into Thompson's Harbour yesterday, will be visiting Deans while we are here. Which, BTW, is the second deepest blue hole in the world after one in Japan.

Fantastic!!!

We were shocked to find that there wasn't a big line in the water or across the sky! :)

I do believe there is a stone tower on the nearby Tropic of Cancer Beach that signifies the point though.

I guess we could have done that for an hour or so and then been able to say "Oh what? That ol' Tropic of Cancer line, we have crossed that dozens of times!!"

A polite way of saying, "a dumb crowd"?

No, - actually I meant it in the traditional way.

Like a tough crowd of hecklers on a Saturday night in the Borscht Belt, ala Jackie Mason or Don Rickles. ;)

Originally Posted by rsn48 View Post
Tropic of Cancer?

Correct, we had just crossed the Tropic of Cancer southbound!

Yes!! When do I pick up the new car I just won?

"Correct, we had just crossed the Tropic of Cancer southbound!"

Sorry , only crossing the Equator turns you from a pollywog into a shellback.

Back
Top Bottom