Lehman 135 injector oil change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trawler-loser

Vessel Name
Solvenn
Vessel Make
Oceania 35
I am doing the first oil change on my Lehman 135. The manual shows the three ports for the injectors (level, drain and fill), but I can only see the fill port? Was there some refit available on these engines?

Thanks!

Pretty sure the 135 uses engine oil and doesn’t require a separate injector pump oil change like the 120.

Yes, the 120 is the only one that has its own oil. The 135 and up use engine oil for lube.

Yes, the 120 is the only one that has its own oil. The 135 and up use engine oil for lube.

Yes. And the only fill is at the top of the rocker arm cover. Don’t put in as much oil as the manual says. Since the engine is not level, sloped to the rear, you will only need 14.5 quarts of oil.

Larry, not to be the wanker I usually am, but does that 14.5 quarts also include fiter , cooler and hoses?

call Bryan @ American Diesel to verify. He is the one that knows all Lehman's inside out.

I am doing the first oil change on my Lehman 135. The manual shows the three ports for the injectors (level, drain and fill), but I can only see the fill port? Was there some refit available on these engines?

Thanks!

A Lehman 135 injector pump gets its oil from the engine - no drain or fill for the 135 injector pump.

Be very careful with maintenance procedures on the 135. Follow only those procedures specified in the 135 manual. There are significant differences between the 135 and the 120, but there are so many 120's around that people sometimes confuse and/or assume the maintenance is the same.

Ken

Thanks all for the help.

WRT being careful on 135 vs 120 maintenance, the book I have has info for both, so it is sometimes difficult to separate what is required on which. I guess a consult with A/Diesel (and the knowledge here of course) will be in the works before I do anything significant.

Thanks all for the help.

WRT being careful on 135 vs 120 maintenance, the book I have has info for both, so it is sometimes difficult to separate what is required on which. I guess a consult with A/Diesel (and the knowledge here of course) will be in the works before I do anything significant.

The folks at American Diesel are awesome. Perhaps they can sell you a proper 135 owners manual.

Ken

"Perhaps they can sell you a proper 135 owners manual."

Great advice for any boat with any engine.

The big maint manual , not the owners operating manual is "Da Book" to have.

Especially if you don't understand 99% , the fellow coming to repair your engine will love you for having it.

Larry, not to be the wanker I usually am, but does that 14.5 quarts also include fiter , cooler and hoses?

AD said yes. After you drain all the oil and change the filter, when doing your first oil change, add 14.5 quarts and mark the dip stick. I think the manual says 19 quarts but that’s for a level engine. I also asked Bomac Marine and was told 13.5 quarts. My take is you should be good with in that range.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom