Flying alternative to dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A number of yachts that have come to Vancouver have had helicopters, much more practical.

One part of the video said that its carbon fiber body makes it lighter than air. Does that mean when its empty it would hover over your boat?

One part of the video said that its carbon fiber body makes it lighter than air. Does that mean when its empty it would hover over your boat?

Yeah, I saw that too. Kind of a ridiculous statement. Still, At this weight, I could see this toy popping up on a lot of high-buck yachts in Miami and Lauderdale.

lol bit more than a dinghy: How much will the FlyNano cost?

The unique all-electric powertrain makes the operational costs of the FlyNanos extremely low. The electric motor is practically maintenance free. The price for the first fully packed signature edition FlyNanos is 85 000 euros without taxes, shipping and customs costs. For the reference, one FlyNano aircraft and a FlyNano-specific trailer will fit inside a standard 20 foot shipping container. Further sales details will be shared closer to the official sales start

Read the specs. No mention of endurance time. Hmmm.

Motor is 32kW

Battery is 1.7kWh

1.7/32 is 0.053hr, which is 3.2 minutes.

Granted, that is full power, but I suspect level flight might only be a few times better than that.

Last edited:
200.webp

thing looks like it gets wet during take off and landing

saltwater all over an airplane? no thank you

Often, on a new aircraft design, the specs are great. This one stinks.

Also, of all the new aircraft presented, only about 25% make it past the first prototype.

"Sure to be filled with adrenaline and euphoria". <!!>

In the specs "Max wave height" <10cm - which is approximately 4"

If you get lose control and hit the water, what to stop it from Cuisinarting your face?

Greetings,
Mr. AP. "Sure to be filled with adrenaline and euphoria". Somewhat akin to falling down a flight of stairs and arriving at the bottom with no injuries, aches and/or bruises I expect....

200w.webp

Those pictures are NOT of a real aircraft. I will bet it never gets built. Remember the Delorian, the Tucker, etc. And they DID get past the model stage.

^^^^ Ditto!

Max pilot weight 220 pounds?
What do I do for the missus?
Dueling Nanos?

While I fit under that pilot limit, if I need a spare part or groceries (and there isn't space for that kind of use) quite possible the limit would be exceeded.

Nice concept not exactly executed for practicality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom