Nice custom tug FS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
This tug in CT has been for sale for over 1 year (at least). I'm not sure why. On paper it seems amazing.....

MASSIVE fuel, water and waste tankage. Low hours on the main and genny. Passive stabilizers. Very nice ground tackle package. Awesome tender and launch setup. Super functional and liveaboard friendly interior.

Basically a brick sh*thouse……Why is it not sold??

Custom build scares folks away? Hard to insure? Low cruise speeds? Financing would be impossible. It would have to be a cash deal only.

I love this rig. I was seriously considering it over the winter. I'd be interested if it was in the $175k range but have already found my next boat and will be closing in a few weeks.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/20...ican-made-3115386/?refSource=enhanced listing

Last edited:
It's the angles of the windows. They just don't look right.

Price because it looks self built.

Another important thing can be the cultural difference, but the "art" on the walls and the owner's goods ruin the boat's mood, although I know everything can be taken away, so they shape the opinion of the boat in the negative direction.

The third factor is fairly rigid body feet that make the boat freak and increase fuel consumption for sure. I could see this boat from another angle decorated in neutral.

The boat is also good when the price is right it will find a new skipper:smitten:

NBs

EVERYTHING can be fixed but, at what cost?
Square windows in the house. I find that distracting from the over all saltiness.
I agree, the art work is not a selling point. The paneling, just not to my liking.
That massive 'thingie' stuck on top of the boat, what's with that?
I am sure the builder/owner put their hearts into it and had some good times on it..... I am not about to belittle the designer/owner. He built it to his own specs.

It may very well be an estate sale so watch what you offer.

Man, they crammed a lot of stuff into a 36ft boat, bet it weighs a bunch. That tender elevator on the transom sure looks like a contraption. Guessing they are not keeping it in a slip where you pay by the foot.

EVERYTHING can be fixed but, at what cost?
Square windows in the house. I find that distracting from the over all saltiness.
I agree, the art work is not a selling point. The paneling, just not to my liking.
That massive 'thingie' stuck on top of the boat, what's with that?
I am sure the builder/owner put their hearts into it and had some good times on it..... I am not about to belittle the designer/owner. He built it to his own specs.

It may very well be an estate sale so watch what you offer.

Really?? The windows make it look less salty? Not to me.

The "thingie on top"? I like it! Looks like a crazy, robust radar/mounting tree.

I agree about the interior. Looks kinda chintzy. That can easily be remedied though.

The price is my biggest gripe. If the guy doesn't get below $200k then it'll be Xmas soon and still for sale.

SOME boat owners/estate would rather let their unwanted boats deteriorate into an unusable 'pile' than lower their price for a quick sale.

The price is my biggest gripe. If the guy doesn't get below $200k then it'll be Xmas soon and still for sale.

I agree, except I’d knock the price down by another 100k. Home made boats have little resale value and you need to think about your exit strategy before you even get in

Somebody had fun building it over what appears to be 20 years.

Really?? The windows make it look less salty? Not to me.

The "thingie on top"? I like it! Looks like a crazy, robust radar/mounting tree.

I agree about the interior. Looks kinda chintzy. That can easily be remedied though.

My comment on the windows was a reference to those in the house/fwd berth area.
I wonder how the react in the storm? No reference to what kind of glass. This is where the ABYC (did I get that right) guidelines would come in handy.
Usually when they take picture of the boat for show, they follow certain guidelines..... Set the tables for dinner etc. In this case, it makes everything look crowded. I dont know of one cook/chef who has time to stare out the windows while preparing a meal.LOL
I think this boat must be owned by a artsy woman with lots of books. Way too many busy patterns they would drive me nuts after 5 minutes.
Let's start by removing all the art, remove all the unnecessary stuff in the galley and saloon area, put in teak paneling then take pictures. Then we can stand back and look at that "thingie" on top.
The helm station? Let's think about reorienting and maybe reducing the electronics. The VHF appears to be located in the stairwell.

300 gallon holding tanks? Holy crap Batman. That is over kill.

That fuel manifold is reminiscent of the manifold on the Nordhavn. I hope it comes with a diagram. LOL

Ah and the phrase, "All systems well thought out." Let's hope there is a owner's manual with it.

I suspect the boat has good bones, it's the meat on the bones that has my brain swirling. Knowing everything I would want done, the price is at least $50K over priced but, I am not submitting a bid.

The above is just my "stupid" opinion.

I agree, except I’d knock the price down by another 100k. Home made boats have little resale value and you need to think about your exit strategy before you even get in

If they dropped the price $100K that boat would sell quickly.
I do hope they sell it before it begins to deteriorate.

"Exit strategy"? Mine is, I hope I have a BIG heart attack and die on the boat. I will let my brother worry about the boat disposal. Hey, donate it to school program and get the tax write off. OR clean the tanks, remove the engine and all the electronic and electrical stuff and and make it a reef.

Anyone ever consider adding a few scuttling valves to their boat?

OR clean the tanks, remove the engine and all the electronic and electrical stuff and and make it a reef.

I had a boat once that I could not sell, was getting desperate, and looked carefully into selling off everything and scrapping it. The "artificial reef" thing went through my mind, except the steel hull could be scrapped (I suppose fiberglass cannot).

In the end I dropped my price and sold it... who would have guessed that would work????

It's the angles of the windows. They just don't look right.

Those window angles are west coast style. Very practical actually.

But man at a quarter of a million that does seem way over priced.

It seems like when I very first saw this boat for sale on YW it was actually priced at 149k, then about two or three days later it was at 249k. I remember it being strange but then just considered it as a typo originally.

About that Tug

I agree with the need to get rid of that artwork-- overpowering-- and that skirt or towel or whatever in the head! But my main thoughts are-- who wants to sit on a stool for meals? How do you fit more than two people to sit and eat anyway? where is the comfortable seating anywhere in 36' for two people to just relax and hang out? Who wants to sit down below the helm seat forever when underway? Open shelves to put clothes on in the stateroom? Stuff would be falling off and flying around. Lots and lots and lots of galley storage-- too much I think. Should have been used elsewhere. I imagine a lot of wives would walk aboard and nix this boat in a heartbeat. Me for sure.

There isn’t much about this boat that I like. It is way overpriced in my opinion.

It may or may not be overpriced, but it sure looks uncomfortable! It looks like it was designed by someone who had never been to sea.

Having owned a 36’ boat I can’t imaging 2,000 gallons of tankage.

I have seen this boat first hand. Lots of strange innovations. The best being a forklift mast for the tender davits. Sadly it has a lot of handyman work done to her. The owner is downsizing as we call it but not by choice. Most of his holdings have or are being auctioned off. Buyer beware.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom