Paid off, now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
We paid off the loan on our boat in mid January and have yet to receive the pink. Who do we go to for the pink?

We paid off the loan on our boat in mid January and have yet to receive the pink. Who do we go to for the pink?

You ask the lender....

If the boat is documented you should have the ships mortgage released

You will want to keep a copy of the satisfaction letter

Start saving up for a bigger boat??

In NC, titles are on file at the Register of Deeds downtown. If it is a Coast Guard registered boat, there really isn’t one. (That is the way it was described to me) We just paid ours off too.

In NC, titles are on file at the Register of Deeds downtown. If it is a Coast Guard registered boat, there really isn’t one. (That is the way it was described to me) We just paid ours off too.

Documented boats are titled. You can run an Abstract of title. You will want to have the lien removed from your documented boat.

If the boat is documented then it takes a while for the CG to remove the loan from the documentation. Prepare to be patient...

If the boat is documented then it takes a while for the CG to remove the loan from the documentation. Prepare to be patient...

yea but someone has to submit the paper work to them. lenders do not necessarily do that by default...

Our lender did. Sent us a copy. Took 10 months for the Coast Guard to process, but I confirmed by repeated phone calls that it was processed.

My lenders have submitted the paperwork in the last, I believe they are required to submit it.

Dont forget there was a partial government shutdown during that time to help smooth paperwork along. :whistling:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom