Bid On Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck. Looks nice overall. If you get it you need to cover the battery terminals.

Living area looks nice. Unconventional (to me) battery setup in the ER, and is that a layer of dust over everything in the ER? Stand by for anchor insults - or suggestions. Good luck!

Looks good! Lots of meaningful work was done too. Congrats sir.

Canadian registered, what is the impact of that re duty?

No duty as it was previously USCG Documented Vessel. Also, the battery terminals are covered now.

Greetings,
Mr. R. Re: Your ?????. Under "View full specifications" on the YW listing, 4 engines listed and total power is stated as 1480 HP.

Year:1989Length:42'Engine/Fuel Type:4 engines / diesel
I expect this may be a misprint of some sort...

Yes

I noticed that but it was an obvious typo. I saw two engines. Wait the Dink had a motor.

Greetings,
Mr. R. Re: Your ?????. Under "View full specifications" on the YW listing, 4 engines listed and total power is stated as 1480 HP.

Year:1989Length:42'Engine/Fuel Type:4 engines / diesel
I expect this may be a misprint of some sort...
I saw that. 4 Cummins 5.9s Extraordinary. How many were found at inspection? Two,I now see, were found by the OP. Advert unchanged. Is it accurate otherwise?

Last edited:
Don't know why people feel taking a can of spray paint to the engines will improve their appearance. Really crap painting job.

Is hanging your 2nd anchor from the bow rail with the chain flopping against the hull, a sailboater practice?

Most of the boat looks to be in good shape. If your deal goes through, I would spend some time replacing 30 year old hoses. Bet many of them are pretty stiff.

Ted

I think 42’ is one of the best of all world sizes. I think that is a lot of boat for $85,000 and if you got it for less great. Doesn’t look like a project boat. 30 year old boats always need something but what else would you do?

Hope she surveys out as nice as the pictures look.

Bid

Well bid accepted under asking price. The owner is a Marine Mechanic and has impeccable service records.

Surveys next week and we will see.

Congratulations on the accepted bid. Let us know what happens on the survey. We love our Jefferson!

Well bid accepted under asking price. The owner is a Marine Mechanic and has impeccable service records.

Surveys next week and we will see.

The "mechanic" argument doesn't always mean that everything is going to be 100%.

Correct

Just saying I went over with him the maintenance records/receipts and the dates the services were completed.

It is a 1989 boat. Not going to be 100 percent. If you look at a boat and say you won't buy unless it is 100 percent, you would never buy a boat.

1989 and painted already plus replaced bow pulpit. Hurricane damaged boat?

Good luck. Looks nice overall. If you get it you need to cover the battery terminals.

Also the battery positives should be fuse protected and there should be battery "hold downs" fitted. Hopefully the battery boxes are acid resistant.

Thanks all. Survey on Friday. We will see what we don't see hopefully.

Nice boat. I like the full head in the FWD stateroom. That is hard to find in any of the sundeck boats. Most have a wet head which IMHO is worthless. The ER needs some TLC, especially the batteries but not a deal breaker.
I'm biding on an 87 CHB Ponderosa 42' next week that a friend has owned for 10 years. Almost the same exact layout. I used to own a 42' Californian LRC trawler. It was a great boat but had too much wood on deck. I spent way too much time varnishing:nonono:. I've wanted a Sundeck for several years since several of my friends own them. Much better use of space.

Good luck and happy boating.:thumb:

Good luck been looking at Jeffersons myself. I have a 32 Hatteras Flybridge.
Fantastic fishing boat i completely refurbished her in 2015/16. She has the same engines Cummins 6BTA 370's. Mine run great with 1050 hours each.

Mine is listed on POP yachts and if she sell's its a farm or a jefferson

Nice boat. I like the full head in the FWD stateroom. That is hard to find in any of the sundeck boats. Most have a wet head which IMHO is worthless. The ER needs some TLC, especially the batteries but not a deal breaker.
I'm biding on an 87 CHB Ponderosa 42' next week that a friend has owned for 10 years. Almost the same exact layout. I used to own a 42' Californian LRC trawler. It was a great boat but had too much wood on deck. I spent way too much time varnishing:nonono:. I've wanted a Sundeck for several years since several of my friends own them. Much better use of space.

Good luck and happy boating.:thumb:

Good luck on the Ponderosa - we have basically the same boat. Believe CHB sold the 42 Sundecks on west coast as Ponderosa's and on the east and gulf coast as Presents. Ours has a custom (from factory) front cabin with bunks on starboard side and full head, (with separate full shower) on port side. We love the sundeck layout, as we have many many friends/family on the boat with us at any given time time, and that sundeck on the aft is another room - and ours has a nice wet bar with an icemaker:thumb: You will love it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom