Camano 31 total height

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Slow Lane
Vessel Make
2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
Guys,

My Camano was sold last month and originally the owner was gonna sail her down to NYC but now he's seriously contemplating shipping her via a hydraulic low boy trailer.

Anyone know the exact height?? I'm gonna take some measurements tmmrow; from the WL to gunnel and from the WL to the highest part of the bridge. But what about the underwater section?

Any boat transported on US interstates has to be BELOW 13'6 to get under the overpasses. I'm pretty confident that Camano's are trailerable WITHOUT modification to the superstructure but I need real evidence of that.

Anyone know Brad Miller's number?? LOl. Or that zany old English guy from the old Camano YouTube videos?? LMAO

Made good progress today! I got a prompt response from Scott Helker (Helmsman). Thanks Scott.

The new owner of my old boat also reached out to Beth Simpkins from Rhumbline Yachts in FL. They used to be a large Camano dealer back in the heyday of the brand. They have since moved on to PDQ and Antares Cats (the former is just used brokerage now but the latter are still being built).

Anyway, she was very KIND and more than helpful. She informed us that Rhumbline has moved many Camanos over the years on low boy trailers and it's rather simple. These are the only requirements.

1. Remove the Venturi windscreen (easy).

2. Get a hydraulic, low boy trailer.

3. Load the boat backwards. THIS IS KEY. The bow should be in the back of the trailer. That way there you can adjust the bow height attitude on the trailer because of the position of MOST low boy bunks/platforms.

Thanks to Beth from Rhumbline Yachts. Love those old PDQ 34's too.....Ooohhh, what a nice cat.

Back
Top Bottom