Just bought a boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband and I just bought a 1987 Bluewater 51 coastal cruiser. We are both excited and scared. We have a 21-foot Chaparral now. My husband has been around bigger boats, but I haven't. We do plan to live on it with our 5 birds. The boat is in NC and sometime in the next couple of months, we will be moving it to FL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190319-172046.jpg
    Screenshot_20190319-172046.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 124
  • FB_IMG_1553084244122.jpg
    FB_IMG_1553084244122.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 114
OH NO! You bought a bigger boat? I'm sorry for you.
LOL

Welcome aboard.

Welcome! Enjoy your new ride :dance:

Hi,

Good luck with the new boat and welcome to TF. Our bird (parrot) always enjoyed boating, be careful with sunshine, some birds can suffer.

NBs

Welcome and Congratulations!

When the time comes, please tell us about your trip.

Welcome to TF. My boat, like yours, isn't exactly a trawler, but these guys and gas put up with me anyways.

Practice boat handling, read up if necessary. Lots of books out there. My first boat was 65'. I was younger than you'd believe. I come from a maritime family and my relatives traded off putting me thru boat handling every weekend. In 2 months, I probably docked 300 times on all kinds of docks and wind and current conditions. Even solo. Once you learn it, it's good forever. Now 55 years later, I mostly solo an 83'.

No Problem

There should be no problem getting used to this boat, it is only a 30 foot difference from your current boat. :rofl:
Good luck with the relocation, maybe we will see you out there while we are doing our "new to us boat" relocation from Connecticut.

Capitaine,
After a while all trawlers begin to look the same.
Who is the builder of the boat posted in your profile?
Thanks.

Charlie Noble is a 1986, 32' Nordic Tug. Hull # 004
:pirate:

Thanks, we will find out how she looks in the water pretty soon. :thumb:

Congratulations and welcome to Trawler Forum.

how far have you made it

tim

Sincere congrats. Bluewater is a cavernous live-aboard that should make a good home for all seven of you. The good news is that you shouldn’t need a smoke ot monoxide alarm with those birdies.

"The good news is that you shouldn’t need a smoke ot monoxide alarm with those birdies."

:nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono:

We have a couple of them up our way with summer live a boards. Looks like there is plenty of room. congrats

Back
Top Bottom