New Experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Cure

Vessel Name
The Cure
Vessel Make
DeFever Passagemaker 40
Hi to you all! I recently took the plunge and bought a 1974 DeFever Passagemaker. This is my first trawler. Previous boats include 3 Crusader dive/fishing boats (used to own/run a couple of dive shops in The Bahamas) and a Catalina 22 sailboat.
Of course, as with any and all boats (even new ones), my life is being filled with boat projects and it seems this is the place to come for advice, suggestions, support, and ,occasionally, mockery! The deeper I get into the bilges the more I'll be posting asking for help I'm sure!
But for now, just wanted to say Hi!

Welcome to the Trawler Forum. The search function on the red bar above, will serve you well!

Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard! She will reward your efforts. You've chosen a fine pedigree.

Enjoy your new boat, I owned her for over ten years. She is a very solid boat. I have lots of photos taken over the years we had her. Scott

Welcome aboard. Where will you be cruising her?
Have fun. See you on the water. JohnS

Thanks Scott!
She seems to be a good boat so far. I just got done servicing the engine (always a scary thing to do, as you never know what you’ll find!) and now waiting on a new exhaust riser (the original was rusted through). Next job is to replace the heads with composting units.
Never a dull day in a boat!

If that is the stainless steel manifold and riser, I put those on in about 2004 or so. They came from MESA Marine Exhaust Systems of Alabama. Give them a call as they are More cost effective than going through a dealer. i still have a bunch of spare parts for that boat. I have pumps and duckbills for the waste system. A spare complete water pump for the main engine, spare bow thruster props, I put the thruster in. I also put new water tanks in the boat and I have one extra that I left out of the starboard side. Made new brackets that hold the tanks in place. Battery brackets and boxes that I never got around to installing. If you ever want some history on that boat let me know. Scott.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom