Old 03-11-2019, 01:10 AM   #28
dirtdoc1

City: Palo Alto
Vessel Name: Ann-Elyse II
Vessel Model: North Pacific 45
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyndance View Post
We were going back to Mexico next year. But I was thinking(along with the wallet) we have never spent any time in the delta. I can't find any information on where to go or what to do etc etc. I've been in the Bay but not in the Delta. If you had 4 months to explore, say June through September, where would you go and what would you do?
I bought several books on cruising the San Joaquin Delta a couple of years ago on Amazon. Now there is nothing. Try this website to get you started:

https://www.deltaboating.com/about.htm

I used to run from Redwood City up to Petaluma (San Pablo Bay to the Petaluma River), Suisun (Suisun Slough), Montezuma Slough to the Sacramento River to Rio Vista, Isleton and Sacramento. You can tie up right next to the Old Sacramento Bridge. There are many hundreds of miles of sloughs. You can run up the Napa River to do some wine tasting. I haven't done that yet. I've only been to a small part of the delta. It goes up to Stockton and on.

I'm surprised that all the books about cruising the delta seem to be out of print. When I come back down the coast from BC back to Redwood City Im going to start cruising the delta again. Try to get to all of the places that I haven't seen yet. I started in my teens and I'm now in my 60's. There's a lot to see!

Good Luck!