Who Would You Sail With?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or solidify it. I first met ASD and his Admiral in 2014 and we've stayed in touch since then. I met Mr. and Mrs. Crusty last year.

It's amazing how 6 people who didn't know each other can become friends even with infrequent personal contact.

Especially when those 4 have to put up with the likes of me!

It doesn’t hurt that you two are great cooks, and even better ambassadors to the boating community.

Cheers my friends!

Crusty Chief, Al, and their wives would be a good trip as well...great company those folks :thumb:

And fer being out there in the “North 40” you and your family are a treat! Shame we aren’t heading north again this year, cuz it would be nice to see you and that area again. But alas the warm weather is calling.

Cheers!

To be honest, I dont think Ive met anyone from this forum that we couldn’t get along just fine. Easy to serve up a cold drink, and tell whoppers, then get in a heated discussion about stuff we cant change.

Take a dog. Unconditional love, protective, doesn't take anything from the rum or beer stores, acts as a chick magnet, greets you as if you have been gone for years when it was only 10 minutes, acts as a bed warmer if you let it, never tells you that you're wrong, doesn't care what you wear, never tells you to lower the volume on the TV, doesn't care if you snore, etc., etc.

Greetings,
Mr. hm, Fully agree about the dog for the reasons you provided BUT they have been known to eat...er...um....Just sayin'

200w.webp

Even if they don't eat it, they still make it. It is inevitable. Strike number two against dogs in small, enclosed areas. There is only so much room and fresh air in a plastic tub, even a sizable plastic tub. Vapors, fumes, dog breath, etc - sounds like global warming in a microcosm. OMG, just shipwreck me with Ginger, please.

Last edited:
Even if they don't eat it, they still make it. It is inevitable. Strike number two against dogs in small, enclosed areas. There is only so much room and fresh air in a plastic tub, even a sizable plastic tub. Vapors, fumes, dog breath, etc - sounds like global warming in a microcosm. OMG, just shipwreck me with Ginger, please.

Mr. Boat,
You've been hangin' with the wrong dog. Try a small breed like a Chihuahua. Not much to feed or clean up and you'll have the best security alarm ever. No need to divorce a dog if you're not happy. On the other hand a divorce is one heck of a learning experience. You'll learn about fractions for sure.

Greetings,
Mr. B. ".. just shipwreck me with Ginger, please." REALITY CHECK!!!

iu

Mary Ann has aged more gracefully IMO.

iu

That's Tina on the right over there. Tina would probably say "Don't call me Ginger". Ginger is a fictitious character, not a person. Tina immortalized Ginger. I don't really want to be shipwrecked either.

Cut Tina some slack. I'll have to be lucky to live to her age. If I do I'll be real lucky to know who I am.

Mary Anne is possibly a Morlock.

Since you guys don't really exist, except in my head, the way I know you through this forum …

the best security alarm ever.

This is an excellent point. I had a Great Pyrenees. She was a great dog. Not man nor beast would get near me or my animals while Lila was around.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. B. ".. just shipwreck me with Ginger, please." REALITY CHECK!!!

That's it, I'm not sailing with you. I didn't come here for reality. :nonono:

Ted

All of our first guests on our boat will be non-boaters - I don't want to look too stupid :hide::hide:

My wife and Richard on Dauntless ( if he would have us ) . His past experience, weather knowledge, high energy and what seems be a laid back attitude.

I'd have to go with Richard on dauntless as well. He has knack for doing things many only dream of including me.

I'm not Richard but I've got the keys to Dauntless. She's here in my marina!
C'mon out and we'll take her for a slow spin. But hurry....Richard will be back any day now. Don't tell him.

Or solidify it. I first met ASD and his Admiral in 2014 and we've stayed in touch since then. I met Mr. and Mrs. Crusty last year.

It's amazing how 6 people who didn't know each other can become friends even with infrequent personal contact.

Especially when those 4 have to put up with the likes of me!

To be honest, I dont think Ive met anyone from this forum that we couldn’t get along just fine. Easy to serve up a cold drink, and tell whoppers, then get in a heated discussion about stuff we cant change.

Great observations, guys! Every TFer I've met have been straight up folks...exactly as they present themselves here. No posers. And we've never been at a loss of things to converse about.

With social media today, we can meet folks for the first time with whom we have been conversing for years. My wife calls them "Imaginary Friends". For me it's always been an enjoyable, interesting and refreshing experience to meet folks here on TF. After that, they're no longer "imaginary".

I’m really looking forward to meeting up with you all in the Bay Area this summer. Were on the boat now getting her ready. First day of nice weather, spent all day cleaning Pairadice and now its “Happy Hour”. Has Richard (Dauntless) set a date to head north yet? The outside doesn’t look all that great right now.
Cheers!

Someone who's done it all before and knows their stuff so I could learn. It would be nice if this person was of the opposite sex, single and interesting. Sorry to be so boring but you asked.

I’m really looking forward to meeting up with you all in the Bay Area this summer. Were on the boat now getting her ready. First day of nice weather, spent all day cleaning Pairadice and now its “Happy Hour”. Has Richard (Dauntless) set a date to head north yet? The outside doesn’t look all that great right now.
Cheers!

Sounds like a great time, Crusty! I'll be on the Delta this summer between other land and air trips with family. July 4th is always a safe bet for a week or two aboard and August is another great month. Summer months favor the warm, dry air and fresh waters of the CA Delta. The Bay gets windy and cold that time of year.

Richard is returning here soon. Not sure of his planned departure but it may be a ways off....maybe months, not weeks.

Let us know when you're planning to visit and we can arrange for a delta tour! If you're interested, I might be convinced to show you the Secret Cove.

Last edited:
Someone who's done it all before and knows their stuff so I could learn. It would be nice if this person was of the opposite sex, single and interesting. Sorry to be so boring but you asked.

Another good reason to be shipwrecked. Is "opposite sex" even a thing anymore? I've been told that facebook has fifty-something classifications for sexual orientation. Sounds like it's all relative but "opposite" may be too close to call. I always said that if the difference isn't obvious, it's not worth knowing. I think I'm too old for facebook. Who knows? Maybe that's one of their classifications.

Another good reason to be shipwrecked. Is "opposite sex" even a thing anymore? I've been told that facebook has fifty-something classifications for sexual orientation. Sounds like it's all relative but "opposite" may be too close to call. I always said that if the difference isn't obvious, it's not worth knowing. I think I'm too old for facebook. Who knows? Maybe that's one of their classifications.
To me it's crystal clear.

Sure I get the variations on a theme, but I know what I prefer.

Everything else is OK, just not what I choose. :)

I'd enjoy cruising with most of the folk on here. The only folk I shy away from for cruising partners are those who turn green at the sight of a wave.

I think I'd really enjoy cruise with Fish53 in the boat on his avatar.
I kinda like his dry sense of humour and I'm sure I'd learn a thing or three.

having HS/college age kids helps to explain things. Things like "gender fluid", and "gender neutral". etc. What do you think of these?
:eek:

There are so many of you that I would like sail with: RT Firefly ,FlyWright , Larry M ,Crusty, OC Diver, the list could go on and on. There’s a lot of nice folks here on the forum and hopefully one day we can get out and meet some of you.

Last edited:
A day or overnight trip is one thing. A couple of weeks or more can be another.

My surgeon says I should be able to drive/pilot by VE day (but I'll be leaving the day before for a three-week Alaska cruise.)

Attachments

• radiated mark.jpg
    radiated mark.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I think I'd opt for a ride with psneeld. We have similar backgrounds in helicopters and search and rescue. He has considerably more sea time than I which would expand my learning curve. He was USCG and I Navy. Lots to talk about. (My boat of course!)

Attachments

• Sandpiper.jpg
    Sandpiper.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Who would you sail with

I have a couple or 4 crew guys that are buddies that have sailed with me a few times & I would sail with them again, any time & any where.

I would certainly sail with my buddy, Richard Bost - on his boat or mine.

:thumb:

Alfa Mike

Day sails are usually fun but a cruise with unknown folks could be a question , it might be a long walk or swim home.

Happily some TF , and SSCA folks come to visit during the winter , as I keep dock open for O'nite visitors.

Always a standing invitation , especially for folks that need use of a woodworking shop .

Located just west of the Ortona Lock between Moore Haven and La Belle on the Caloosahatchie .

Because of my passion for speckle trout fishing, I would love to hook up with Paul on
Cajun Rose on a trip to the Chandeliers. Love his old, refurbished Biloxi Lugger.

Because of my passion for speckle trout fishing, I would love to hook up with Paul on
Cajun Rose on a trip to the Chandeliers. Love his old, refurbished Biloxi Lugger.

Chandaleurs are definitely on my bucket list. I am not even a big fisherman. It just looks like an amazing place.

Seriously... nobody has mentioned BandB? They sound like a cool, intelligent couple, nice boats, and Wifey... well she’s been a source of pleasant and witty amusement for years here. ;)

I’d like a second vote... for Janice. Love to meet and have her for an anchorage neighbor. :)

Seriously... nobody has mentioned BandB? They sound like a cool, intelligent couple, nice boats, and Wifey... well she’s been a source of pleasant and witty amusement for years here. ;)

I’d like a second vote... for Janice. Love to meet and have her for an anchorage neighbor. :)

Wifey B: But I like speed. Plus way too much nudity and skimpy bikinis for you guys. I do appreciate the kind words though. :)

Plus the fact we don't serve booze aboard is a big negative. :eek:

Thing is outside those here who have actually spent time together, speculating on who they'd enjoy an extended cruise with is like gallery shooting. Someone might be huge fun here and a total %$# in person.

Just finished a great tennis match. Went to play and returned home by water. Now, being totally lazy. Putting everything off till tomorrow. :D

Back
Top Bottom