Eternal Damnation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlaskaProf

Guru
Vessel Name
boatless, ex: Seeadler
Vessel Make
RAWSON 41
If the Prince of Darkness were to appear to me this day and say, " I want your immortal soul, what will you accept in exchange?"

My answer would be this (seen today in Ladysmith, BC):

Attachments

• P1010019-A.jpg
    P1010019-A.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 278
Good taste, mate. She's beautiful.

We saw her with a sister ship in Shearwater last month. Very pretty.

You might also want to rub that lamp and ask for enough money every time you put your hand in your pocket!

Decades ago when Lotteries were first introduced I used to dream of winning 10 million. And I thought like this for many years. Then I realized since it was a dream, why cap it at 10 million, why not dream of a billion or more, why not, its the same price of admission.

The only real flaw in my plan is - I understand you actually have to purchase a Lottery ticket to win. Concerning the roughly 10 times I did purchase a Lottery ticket, the clerk would ask if I'd like more than one, I'd say - "No, I purchasing the dream not the reality, one ticket works."

You've set your dream much to low, remember should it come true, you can always sell the multi-million yacht, purchase that converted tug and have the money you need for everything else.

... The only real flaw in my plan is - I understand you actually have to purchase a Lottery ticket to win. ...

Except that actually purchasing a ticket does not increase your chances of winning by very much at all.

However, if someone's got to win all that money, it might as well be me!

. Concerning the roughly 10 times I did purchase a Lottery ticket, the clerk would ask if I'd like more than one, I'd say - "No, I purchasing the dream not the reality, one ticket works."

Just so. Where else can you buy a dream for $2? Although I fear many people think of it as an actual gamble, or worse, an investment.

Last edited:
.., purchase that converted tug and have the money you need for everything else.

Not a tug, BTW, but a "limit" seiner.

Last edited:
It's not and investment? That's what I get taking advice from a Nigerian prince. :banghead:

Except that actually purchasing a ticket does not increase your chances of winning by very much at all.

One could argue mathematically that purchasing one ticket increases your chances by an infinite degree versus not buying any--in terms of increasing your chances of winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Except that actually purchasing a ticket does not increase your chances of winning by very much at all. /QUOTE]

One could argue mathematically that purchasing one ticket increases your chances by an infinite degree versus not buying any--in terms of increasing your chances of winning.

Actually it's by an indeterminate amount rather than infinite as division by zero is undefined.

I just got an SMS that my phone won 6.5M Euros in a lottery I didn`t enter! Wow! I have to go to a website to claim it. It won`t have a virus and I won`t have to pay admin fees to access my prize, will I?

If the Prince of Darkness were to appear to me this day and say, " I want your immortal soul, what will you accept in exchange?"

Bill, does it change the deal if you get purgatory rather than all the way south? :eek:

Last edited:
What many who play the lottery frequently here say - "If you don't have your line in the water, you won't get any fish."

If it only takes one ticket to win, why buy 2 tickets. Sounds like a waste of money for the 2nd ticket.

Bill, does it change the deal if you get purgatory rather than all the way south? :eek:

...maybe I'd be doomed to attempt to dock it in Petersburg two hours after slack...for all eternity.

Hey I've still got that book about the Orion ditching. PM me a postal.

Odds are much, much more likely one will have passed from physical existence before winning a substantial lottery. Lotteries are a fool's game.

Back
Top Bottom