Gotwex
Veteran Member

City: B
Vessel Name: Sugar
Vessel Model: Vripack
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Through pages of excellent points, I'll toss out a couple more.

1. You've already given more time and energy to this than it deserves. You didn't take the time or make the effort to insure or to have a written agreement, nothing to avoid this situation. Yet, you'll spend days and hours and more on the after effects.

2. The boat was a salvage boat on which you're doing all the work yourself. You could have a hard time in that environment convincing someone that this little scrape was worth $2000 or $4000 or whatever. Suddenly you're claiming damage equal to 10% or 15% of the entire boat value. You're doing all the work itself, the most I would award you is for a few supplies. This doesn't merit a "repair to new condition". You say you can do all the work on the salvage boat yourself, well get to work doing this.

3. Now, your last post you said you think it's time to burn a bridge. With your response to this and your failure to take any responsibility yourself, I think they may very well not mind seeing you gone. How much did you pay anyway for months of storage on their land? I'm sorry, but the more you make out of this, the less sympathetic I become. I can just see the jury now with members on it who had their houses damaged significantly or perhaps the judge who had her two cars and boat destroyed and you with a photo where they can barely see the damage you're claiming. Do you even have a repair estimate or is it just your number?

4. Let it go and get on with life. You should be rejoicing with all the damage around you and you escaping until a tiny bit in the aftermath and so thankful that it cost you so little to not do anything to protect yourself.

Well put B&B!
Gotwex is offline   Reply With Quote