• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Albin 1980 36' Trawler 'Unanchored' For Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StacZac

Vessel Name
'Unanchored
Vessel Make
Albin trawler 36
Our boat makes a great full time live aboard and cruising vessel with all the amenities one would look for in a vintage long range cruising trawler. She would be an excellent vessel for the great loop, the Bahamas, or to use as a second home. We purchased her for her reliability and economy. Vessel has a single 120 Ford Lehman with approximately 4900 hours. Engine sips diesel fuel at approximately 1.5 gallons per hour. If you want a simple engine that is reliable and will go for 15,000-20,000 hours, this is it. Generator is a 7.7 kw Westerbeke with approximately 4400 hours. This genset is as reliable as the Ford Lehman, and will run all systems on the boat when at anchor.

Teak deck and fuel tanks are in excellent condition. This was one of the main things we were concerned about when purchasing a vessel of this vintage and one of the main reasons we purchased this particular boat.

Too many upgrades and improvements to list, but I will do my best:

Ford Lehman 120 hp - approx. 5100 hrs. Requires re manufacture / overhaul or repower.
Westerbeke 7.7 kw generator - approx. 4400 hrs.
Plenty of spare oil filters, fuel filters, belts and impellers.
Morse marine engine controls.
MarinAire 16,000 btu air conditioner - new 2014.
Garmin electronics (radar, gps, depth, sonar) - 1040xs upper helm, 741xs touch screen lower helm, Garmin 18HD radar - all new 2014.
Radar arch - replaced the traditional Albin mast.
1800 watt Xantrax pure sine wave invertor - good for high end electronics like computers.
Brand new house batteries. Main engine and generator starting battery within year old.
30 amp Charles C-Charger - EL Series.
2 Standard Horizon depth sounders - upper and lower helm.
Sitex SP-110 autopilot.
2 VHFs- upper and lower helm.
Fusion 2 zone RA70 stereo. Speakers on upper bridge and in salon can be controlled indepently through head unit or phone app. - all brand new.
Two extrerior LED lights over aft deck.
All interior lights are LED.
Magma Grill - Kettle 3 combination grill and stove, party size - with cover.
Lewmar Windlas - with 120 ft of chain and 180 ft of rode. Two anchors - Delta on the bow and second Danforth anchor. The delta never dragged one time in six months of cruising and anchoring out, great anchor!
Forward head with shower and Jabsco electric toilet.
19" LG TV in salon.
17" LG TV in aft master bedroom.
Redport WiFi amplifier with router - top of the line amplifier that can pick up WiFi up to 7 miles away.
HP inkjet printer.
Igloo ice maker.
Aft head with composting toilet - great option when the holding tank fills up!
Norcold refrigerator
Magic Chef 4 burner propane stove
Raw water pump.
6 gallon water heater.
Brand new Bimini that covers entire top deck - if you like hanging outside, this is a really nice feature.
Brand new furniture on top deck - two chairs and twin sofa- seats 8-10 with built in seating.
Salon dinette converts to double bed.
Aft bed is queen size and v berths are each twin size.
Boat will sleep up to 6 people comfortably.
4 - Caframo 2 speed 12 volt DC fans in bedrooms and 2 - high power 3 speed AC fans in salon.
Plenty of interior head room, I am 6'2" and have no problems.
Full set of kitchen utensils, pots, pans, Kuerig coffee maker, etc. - everything is less than 6 months old. We bought it all for the boat, so it stays with the boat. Just bring your clothes and toothbrush and you can cruise tomorrow!

Specs:
350 gallons diesel fuel
220 gallons fresh water
Aprox. 35 gallon holding tank with electric mascerator
LOA 36 ft
Beam 13.2 ft
Draft 3.5 ft
Height 17 ft
We are throwing in a lot of extras that will save you thousands if you are looking for a turn key boat that is actively being cruised. Not a dock queen, like many of the other vintage trawlers on the market. We looked for over 6 months to find this boat when we bought her. We are motivated to sell due to the fact that we are expecting baby number 3 in June and will not be able to continue cruising full time for a few years. $55,000 obo

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN LISTING OUR BOAT WITH A BROKER AND DO NOT NEED ANY HELP SELLING. ONLY CONTACT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE BOAT. WE WILL ONLY DEAL WITH AN IN-PERSON BUYER; NO PAYPAL, WESTERN UNION, OR SCAMMERS.
Call Zach 515-556-2919
email:zjstachon@gmail.com

where is the boat and do you have recent photos ? any high moisture content or rot in the decks ?

Ford Lehman 120 hp - approx. 5100 hrs. Requires re manufacture / overhaul or repower.

Could you expound on that? Thanks!

No high moisture content, as of the latest marine survey (January 2018) and no visible rot on the decks. The vessel is located on Johns Island South Carolina, stored on the hard at Ross Marine.

Attachments

• Ebay_1.jpg
    Ebay_1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 344
  • ebay_2.jpg
    ebay_2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 336
  • ebay_4.jpg
    ebay_4.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 324
  • ebay_5.jpg
    ebay_5.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 307
  • ebay_6.jpg
    ebay_6.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 318
  • ebay_7.jpg
    ebay_7.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 290
  • ebay_8.jpg
    ebay_8.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 287
  • ebay_9.jpg
    ebay_9.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Ebay_14.jpg
    Ebay_14.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 282
  • ebay_13.jpg
    ebay_13.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 277
:dance::dance:

Attachments

• ebay_12.jpg
    ebay_12.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 253
  • ebay_11.jpg
    ebay_11.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 254
  • ebay_10.jpg
    ebay_10.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 244
Why is the price for the same boat on eBay $35K OBO

has the engine been rebuilt ?

More pictures?

Same question...what is the comment regarding the engine?

Please PM me. I would like come see the boat. I am close and could come about anytime.
Thank, Roger.

Vessel has a single 120 Ford Lehman with approximately 4900 hours. Engine sips diesel fuel at approximately 1.5 gallons per hour. If you want a simple engine that is reliable and will go for 15,000-20,000 hours, this is it.

Both of these statement are in your original post. Can you explain the inconsistency? I'd also love to know why it's so much cheaper on Ebay.

StacZac, do you feel like you've been caught with your pants down? I'm interested in the same price and engine info difference.

StacZac, do you feel like you've been caught with your pants down? I'm interested in the same price and engine info difference.

everyone knows Trawler Forum members are wealthy and will pay double the value.

Vessel has a single 120 Ford Lehman with approximately 4900 hours. Engine sips diesel fuel at approximately 1.5 gallons per hour. If you want a simple engine that is reliable and will go for 15,000-20,000 hours, this is it.

Both of these statement are in your original post. Can you explain the inconsistency? I'd also love to know why it's so much cheaper on Ebay.

it is also listed with a broker at 35,000. and the broker stated it would be 35 plus 8, 000 for the rebuil. claims the parts are on boerd but can't say what part are included in the rebuil. sounds shady to me

it is also listed with a broker at 35,000. and the broker stated it would be 35 plus 8, 000 for the rebuil. claims the parts are on boerd but can't say what part are included in the rebuil. sounds shady to me
But the advert above says:"WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN LISTING OUR BOAT WITH A BROKER AND DO NOT NEED ANY HELP SELLING. ONLY CONTACT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE BOAT. WE WILL ONLY DEAL WITH AN IN-PERSON BUYER; NO PAYPAL, WESTERN UNION, OR SCAMMERS.
Call Zach 515-556-2919
email:zjstachon@gmail.com"
In light of that, how come it is listed with a broker? Maybe it`s a different boat.

Last edited:
Same guy- user name on eBay is a variant of his username here both contain “stach” and 100% same pics

inconsistencies in the ad and a price that does not reflect the need for engine rebuild, all adds up to 'scam' in my book.

I`ve a vague memory. That we`ve seen a very similar advert on TF previously, extolling the hours longevity of an FL120.

You've gotta love an ad that says the reliable motor is good for 20,000 hours & then notes that it needs to be rebuilt or replaced at 5,000. :facepalm:

same boat, same photos, same location

But the advert above says:"WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN LISTING OUR BOAT WITH A BROKER AND DO NOT NEED ANY HELP SELLING. ONLY CONTACT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE BOAT. WE WILL ONLY DEAL WITH AN IN-PERSON BUYER; NO PAYPAL, WESTERN UNION, OR SCAMMERS.
Call Zach 515-556-2919
email:zjstachon@gmail.com"
In light of that, how come it is listed with a broker? Maybe it`s a different boat.

it is the same boat, exact same photos, exact same location, exact same name on her. something isn't right

Search YouTube for "Unanchored Adventures" videos. This is that boat I think, two kids, same boat name, etc.

In spite of the obvious issues with the add this looks like a lot of boat for the money. Could be a real deal for someone who can handle the motor rebuild where the boat is right now because it can't be moved till that's taken care of. No idea what rebuilding a Lehman would run but certainly a lot less than a repower. I'm not sure if American Diesel is still in business but if they are parts would be easy to get.

everyone knows Trawler Forum members are wealthy and will pay double the value.

Yep. That's why we are always chatting about ways to be frugal when it's time for repairs and upgrades.

I would expect the broker to have detailed info about the repairs that are needed. Maybe not about the parts on hand. Shady? Maybe.

Last edited:
Not sure how that post got attributed to me. It was posted by tn6437. However, I guess I'd have to agree. Does seem a little shady. When buying a boat, maybe more than anything else, buyer beware!

Not sure how that post got attributed to me. It was posted by tn6437. However, I guess I'd have to agree. Does seem a little shady. When buying a boat, maybe more than anything else, buyer beware!

The original post was quoted wrong and when I quoted it, it came out as if you were the quoted one. If you go back and look at tn's post, I believe you'll see what I mean. Also, I fixed my post. Thanks for pointing it out nicely. :thumb:

The original post was quoted wrong and when I quoted it, it came out as if you were the quoted one. If you go back and look at tn's post, I believe you'll see what I mean. Also, I fixed my post. Thanks for pointing it out nicely. :thumb:

No biggie. I'd just never seen that happen before. Interesting that you immediately explained your post but the OP hasn't been back to clear up any of the questions about his posts. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom