New Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eduardo

Hello to all. I am currently a boatless boater. Have been lurking on this site for quite a while, just never bothered signing up. Lots of good information to be found here. I appreciate all of you who are so willing to share your knowledge.

I’m researching various makes and models in my search for a fuel efficient vessel to do an extended cruise on with my wife and two young ones.

Hello to all. I am currently a boatless boater. Have been lurking on this site for quite a while, just never bothered signing up. Lots of good information to be found here. I appreciate all of you who are so willing to share your knowledge.

I’m researching various makes and models in my search for a fuel efficient vessel to do an extended cruise on with my wife and two young ones.

Wifey B: You're also located terribly far inland. Where have you thought you would do your boating and extended cruising? :)

Yes I am, although the loop, and therefore the world, is actually accessible from near here via the Arkansas River. Not in my plans though. My intent is to buy a boat, spend a winter in south florida and the bahamas, then do the loop, and then....well we will see how the family and boat life agree....

Yes I am, although the loop, and therefore the world, is actually accessible from near here via the Arkansas River. Not in my plans though. My intent is to buy a boat, spend a winter in south florida and the bahamas, then do the loop, and then....well we will see how the family and boat life agree....

Wifey B: Arkansas River, another inland river most loopers ignore but we do intend to explore one day. Just a little side trip off the lower Mississippi :)

Do keep in mind that you can start the loop and your boating anywhere. So, if you found a nice deal on Lake Michigan or on the TN River you could just buy there and use locally a couple of months and then take off. You can still spend the winter in S FL and the Bahamas as you circle. :ermm:

Yep, you can take the Arkansas River as far as Muskogee and then the Verdigris River all the way to the Port of Catoosa, just outside of Tulsa. Would be a unique trip but one that would have to be carefully planned as dockage and fuel stops would be few and far between.

A gentleman I used to know (now deceased) made many trips on his trawlers to South Florida and back from his home dock just outside of Muskogee. I guess he probably is responsible for planting the seed of this crazy dream I've been dreaming for 20 years.

I am absolutely open minded about the location of boats. I purchased my last boat (Mainship 30 pilot sedan) from a fellow in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom