Sea Max raw water pump service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37
Hi,

Does Sea Max need to add oil / grease to the pump, what quality and how often? The pump has a nipple, see figure and a red arrow.

SMX-QSB-PUMP.jpg

NBs

Why don't you post this question to the sbmar.com forum. You will get your answer from the horses mouth.

David

Here is the link....
https://www.sbmar.com/product/smx-qsb-seawater-pump/

"-Emergency lube zerk fitting – normal service requirements are one “pump” per 200-300 hours"

Hi, what do they look like an emergency with lubrication, is it sealing down and water gets to the bearings or?

Normal maintenance for 300 hours is obviously a change of impeller, is it for example add oil or replace it with a small amount of oil under Emergency Lube zerk fitting?

NBs

Hi, what do they look like an emergency with lubrication, is it sealing down and water gets to the bearings or?

Normal maintenance for 300 hours is obviously a change of impeller, is it for example add oil or replace it with a small amount of oil under Emergency Lube zerk fitting?

NBs

See post #2. Tony is great in answering emails.

My Kashiyama has a zert I give it 2 or 3 pumps with the grease gun at oil change time.

My Kashiyama has a zert I give it 2 or 3 pumps with the grease gun at oil change time.

On the Hino water pumps we were taught to give it one pump but stop prior to a full pump if resistance is felt at about 220 hours. With these pumps less is better than more as you do not want to inadvertently damage the seals.

I'll third you to contact Seaboard Marine. Tony Athens, owner of Seaboard, is the person responsible for the Seamax pumps so he or his crew will know best what is needed about the grease nipple.

Hi, i asking Tony and he say service 300 hours and grease type "regular lithium based trailer wheel bearing grease will work fine."

NBs

Back
Top Bottom