Lead battery terminal connector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ORIF

Vessel Name
TAMI II
Vessel Make
Tollycraft, 44 CPMY
I'm simply trying to replace the battery terminal connector for the posts on my Group 8D house battery.
I bought an Ancor Lead battery terminal (260100) and it was too small for the post. One of the arms broke off when I pried it open and it was still not wide enough to fit when it broke.
I thought maybe there are terminal connectors of different sizes but can't find evidence for this in online.
Can anyone tell me if there are different sizes for these?
Or maybe mine was defective.

Most batteries have two different size posts. Sounds like you tried to use a negative terminal on a positive post.

Yep, they do that for a reason. Terminals will be marked + or - if you look closely.

Ha. Yep. My positive cable had a 5/16" lug so I bought the terminal that had that size post to save from drilling out the lug. Forgot that would make it the negative terminal.

I used a pair of military style clamp on battery connectors from Amazon. They included insulating rubber boots for about $23. They are indeed different sizes for positive and negative. These ase similar to the Ancor terminal that you specified and not the ring type lug that goes over a stud.

Back
Top Bottom