Great Bear Rainforest - IMAX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
Want to get a sense of what most boaters never see while on BC's central coast?

There's a new IMAX film:

Some pretty up close & personal footage of Spirit Bears, Black Bears, Grizzlies, Wolves, etc. using cameras on tripods as well as small trollies suspended by rope across salmon streams. We make lots of noise while hiking, so never see this kind of thing.

It's a 1,200 mile drive to the nearest IMAX theatre for me, but thought somebody else might be interested.

Looks very cool. We have yet to see a spirit bear, but see others bears, wolves, otters, whales pretty much every trip through BC.

I am going to call you out and say that the nearest theatre to you is more like 1200km, not 1200 miles. You need to just stick with your sensible, easy to use metric system and leave the confusion to us.

Looks very cool. We have yet to see a spirit bear, but see others bears, wolves, otters, whales pretty much every trip through BC.

I am going to call you out and say that the nearest theatre to you is more like 1200km, not 1200 miles. You need to just stick with your sensible, easy to use metric system and leave the confusion to us.

Okay...1,406 Km...just feels like 1,200 miles!

We saw a preproduction version of this film at the Victoria IMAX in December. It had excerpts and lots of details on how the film was made. The cinematography was excellent. Looking forward to seeing the final version.

Back
Top Bottom