Hello From the sunshine coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadian Ken

Hi My name is Ken and I just bought an old 30ft Trawler and will start by striping it down.
I am looking for designs and views of what it should look like inside.
I am also hoping that some people have experience with the 33SD Nissan Diesel. I am curious about there reliability and maintance.
So that being said I need lots of help!
I plan to be on here often.
Ken

Welcome, Ken. Good luck with the new boat.

Ken, welcome to TF. Can't help you with answers to your questions but glad to see you're here. Do you have any photos of your boat? Also, what part of the Sunshine Coast do you live on?

On the Sunshine coast

Hi
I live in Langdale.
I just bought it and don't have any pictures yet but I am sure I will soon have lots.
Ken

Welcome Ken and good luck with your project. Been there done that, now I just like to boat.

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing it! Did the ol' gal have a make and/or model identified?

My boat is a 1970 Concord with a 33SD Diesel in it.
I am looking forward to having it delivered and getting my hands on her.
She is named the Kristy Lynn but I hope to change that.

Welcome Ken,
Changing her name can be bad luck if you don't do it right. Look up the name changing ceremony by John Vigor and follow it exactly.........especially the part where large amounts of alcohol are consumed. :) You need to ensure that all of the old gods are happy about it.:)

If you need help with that part (consuming the alcohol) I am sure there are members here who would love to help.
Anyway, sorry I have no experience with a project like you are describing. Good luck with it, and keep us posted if you have the time.
Regards,
Tom

Thank you Tom
I realized it was a complicated procedure to change the name but I am sure that this complete project will require copious quantities of alcohol to finish. I will keep my fellow boaters up to date with progress. Between now and launch I will concentrate on Seacock replacement and hull, shaft and engine work.

Living near you is a TF genius named Northern Spy. PM him and pick his nautical and mechanical brain. It is a big one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom