weather station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henryj2

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Curly Sez Wow
Vessel Make
Gulf Star
We would appreciate recommendations to replace the weather station on our trawler. We would like one that gives up temp and humidity outside the cabin and in, wind speed and direction and rainfall amounts. Our old system is no longer functioning and has always been problematic in any event.
Thanks for all suggestions.

I've used an Acurite.com wireless weather system for 5 years (replaced once...birds), good support from the Acurite folks and reliable service for an inexpensive device. Works well for me but you'll have to decipher wind direction from vessel heading.

We got great service from a LaCrosse system we pick up on special from Sam's Club for about 100 bucks, and very good customer service from them after I managed to break one of the pieces a year or two after I bought it. By orienting the wind instrument so the bow was "north", that gave me an apparent wind reading. We never used the rain gauge. The wireless feature is great.

Vj2WVqpUVl3pboTDz-aMjRAfmfQdzRuyXmDGiPTazsHmoD1ZZjEShi5Y9wEmwGWP-UYx_Q_Ti8523gDxqBIacZunR1tjufuQHKMYuXQItUL7ESwlLr40G-OE1Cx4AQHamG40GlHdbirsRBEjcA7-5VFttdgVPPvTl9jmEK34CG5MEWsP1vsuu5Lx3PrV38BHrvy_Nk_urzMwd40HcKBTdCQTXtQSkM8KEmJNZPtVfukrnJyN-xf0BF6C3DVyH-_1LY6BLE4qcvDgVC71tRD_taZHQnVm-MEWLRZoc_yByo2J_nYbIqZ83uZtprMuWznMH6-ZvK4xJkffzffb01ypdqVdCWeuUD_2t0P_TLjp7GssTjQFhqXhfNoOOKk9YR_0YFYK7BJcRekZkGZjYgO1w0LjS9pR9Y3jCCIXRnjl4uMS-4vvOySCv5hVnxrkbauVThN0EFy8JsntSCSXLaFiooQmy33djLVr03ThklRU6iDTpRjWtXv47EVZ-rQjLwPBppNNzo11x6ccY5wIT7yHpbQIb1IzEhf2m5ETgS0alh1zbomCRq-guC_ez10qCk1McepfaRqhO1Z-HjXh2n62hIG-qd_54neXb5X427BcGE-uzv16KUOi0hxkazUSEiu5i_dfWJGXkcMUoqwgYMywogQ1Qr97_sc=w800-h600-no

Needless to say they have come a long way more since we bought ours in 2007.
https://www.lacrossetechnology.com/products/weather/weather-stations

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom