LED pilot light on 110v circuit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
I need to install a LED pilot light to show if a 110 circuit is energized or not. I haven't a clue how to start. Help!

Keith wrote:
I need to install a LED pilot light to show if a 110 circuit is energized or not. I haven't a clue how to start. Help!
* * * ** I'm not sure what it is that you're eluding to but is this what you need?

******** 110-125V Tester

Attachments

• tester.jpg
    tester.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 125
No, a permanent light.

Keith wrote:
No, a permanent light.
* * * ** Oh!!* I just turn on a 110V lamp in the salon for that.*
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Keith wrote:
*Keith, You need a 110v neon or LED indicator lamp (both run cool and last long) similar to the pic below.* Get the type with wires about 9" long already attached. Splice on extra wire with heat shrink butt connectors if required. Preferably pick a place on your circuit that already has connections on it: the switch, pump, whatever, so that you don't need to cut into the existing wires. One leg from the lamp goes to to live and the other leg to neutral. It doesn't matter which way round you connect a neon. LED's only work one way round so test before you make it permanent. Hope this is what you wanted.

Mike

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 140
would this work?

images

Shoalwaters wrote:Keith wrote:
*Keith, You need a 110v neon or LED indicator lamp (both run cool and last long) similar to the pic below.* Get the type with wires about 9" long already attached. Splice on extra wire with heat shrink butt connectors if required. Preferably pick a place on your circuit that already has connections on it: the switch, pump, whatever, so that you don't need to cut into the existing wires. One leg from the lamp goes to to live and the other leg to neutral. It doesn't matter which way round you connect a neon. LED's only work one way round so test before you make it permanent. Hope this is what you wanted.

Mike

Neon pilot lamps have one problem - they get dim, begin to flicker, and then fail completely.* The reverse polarity indicators on my boat were neon and they were dead when I bought the boat.

LEDs have a much longer life expectancy than neon lamps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom