Picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molly

Vessel Name
La Bella Vita
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 34T
I want to add a picture to my profile.
I see most people have one. I go on my profile and go to add picture. It tells me my picture is WAY too big. How do I get a profile picture excepted?

Resize the photo before you upload it. Not too hard to do.

Would like to add Photo to profile but do not see "Add picture" option anywhere. Suggestions?

Go to the "User CP" on the top left and click on it, it will open to what I have attached. It is called an Avatar, go to "Settings and Options - Edit Avitar" just follow the instruction.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 10.36.39 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 10.36.39 AM.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Go to user cp. edit avitar and then select photo you want to add.

Wow, Mike you were quick...

I've tried...couldn't figure it out. Gave up. The "you can figure this out" part of my brain shut down when I turned 60.
But good luck to you.!!

I've tried...couldn't figure it out. Gave up. The "you can figure this out" part of my brain shut down when I turned 60.
But good luck to you.!!

Hey, Mate, don't give up that easy. You're letting the ancients down. I'm 72 and I tell others what to do - age is nothing to do with it, it's attitude. Ok, we didn't grow up with a tablet and iPhone in our crib, but never too late to learn.

Have another go, following Rochepoint's example, click on edit Avatar, then follow the prompts. Get back to us if it doesn't work for you. :socool:

Hey, Mate, don't give up that easy. You're letting the ancients down. I'm 72 and I tell others what to do - age is nothing to do with it, it's attitude. Ok, we didn't grow up with a tablet and iPhone in our crib, but never too late to learn.

Have another go, following Rochepoint's example, click on edit Avatar, then follow the prompts. Get back to us if it doesn't work for you. :socool:

Yeah...you get it....but you're from austrailia:angel:

I think that maybe the problem with some is not making the photo file small enough like the instruction say:

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 150 pixels or 100.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."

I think that maybe the problem with some is not making the photo file small enough like the instruction say:

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 150 pixels or 100.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Yes, I admit that can be a bit of a deal breaker. But 100Kb is quite a big photo.

Yes, I was able to stumble through it and I am 66. It took my cell phone photo without resizing.

Given that the file has to be 100 KB or smaller file size, how do I downsize my boat picture. It is 640 x 480 pixels.

I never realized how young the guys on this forum are, all kids. :)

For Windows users, right-click the file of your photo, select 'open with' then 'Paint'. First, crop the picture - click the 'select' tool and make a box around the part you want then click 'crop'. Click 'File' > Save As, and give it a new name. The new file size will be shown at the bottom of the screen. Click 'Resize' and enter a percentage in relation to the file size shown, eg, 25% for a 400Kb to get 100Kb. Save it again and you'll see the new size. When its less than 100Kb it should work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom