When you know you really need it....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BandB

Guru
Wifey B: It's 60 degrees. It's rainy. We never put the enclosure sides on the bridge. We live on the water, could just be there. Yet......

14 of us out on the boat. Enclosures on bridge. It's heaven. Something magical about the water. It's like when we lived in NC and in the winter would get out when it warmed up to 45 degrees.

We had an intense week working on school issues when we were supposed to be cruising in the Bahamas. Worth it though and far more important. But we really really really needed the water.

It washed all the stress of the week away and made the world perfect. Paradise recaptured. :D

I'm sure others of you have had times that made no sense except to a water addict.

I haven't done it yet, and we won't see the exact same conditions . . . but I'm looking forward to sharing those similar. Thanks for sharing the experience.

Nope, just close the pilot house doors and turn on the heat if needed. Much faster and less to maintain. :D

Tef

Nope, just close the pilot house doors and turn on the heat if needed. Much faster and less to maintain. :D

Tef

Wifey B: We didn't go far. Just to Miami and some Bayside and walking around and lunch and then back home but about 9 hours total with 6 of them on the water. Just a beautiful day and so refreshing for us all. Now home and just going to cookout burgers and hot dogs and chicken. Just being on the water is so wonderful though no matter how many times you've done it. :)

WifeyB. I know exactly how you feel. Once I’m on the boat my blood pressure I’m sure drops ten points, but the third day I’m in heaven.

Years ago I would regularly drink a beer on my fishing boat while it was on the trailer in the driveway. Neighbors probably thought it was sad that I didn't have time to go but in my mind I was there.

From kayak to superyacht I think it's something we all have in common.

WifeyB. I know exactly how you feel. Once I’m on the boat my blood pressure I’m sure drops ten points, but the third day I’m in heaven.

Every time we go on extemded cruise, I have to stop taking my HBP medicine, but within a month of returning to land, I always have to resume it.

We both can relate to "filling the need". We went out for our New Year's Day cruise. Just the two of us, chilly, overcast and we were just about the only boat out there. Just a couple of small aluminum fishing boats sharing the day.

As we pulled out of the marina and headed up river my wife looked at me and said "You really like this, don't you." All I could do was smile and that smile never left my ugly mug the whole time we were out there.

The water is like my blankie. Some times it just feels good to hug it.

Years ago I would regularly drink a beer on my fishing boat while it was on the trailer in the driveway.

There's a guy down the street from me who has a little ~18 foot fishing boat. I have, on several occasions, seen him sitting in it on its trailer in his driveway with his little boy, enjoying a beer while the boy played and "drove" the boat with his life jacket on. Warms my heart every time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom