What is the story?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a former KK42 owner, the real damage to these boats can be far deeper than cosmetic.. like rot in all the plywood of the superstructure and the decks under the neglected bungs.. and worst of all intrusion of water into the foam core of the hull..
Nonetheless, I hope someone with appropriate resources adopts her and saves her from the crusher.
Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Larry Ellison, Bill Gates?? are you listening?

If anyone is interested in the work, I would wager that the owner will eventually be open to a free transfer so as to be rid of the dockage and insurance costs. Just keep at it in a constructive way.

You may have to throw the selling broker (if any) a couple of thousand.

Worth a try. And then you have an immediate 70K to start the remediation.

Last edited:
I have to laugh when I read an ad that says, in effect, "this piece of crap would be worth big bucks if fixed up". This seller claims $300k. I find that hard to believe for a 1981 42 foot boat. I didn't even look at all the pictures but I could easily see $100k in repairs if done by a yard. A boat in this condition has almost no value to me as a do-it-yourself guy.

Hull to be inspected soon, I'll let you all know. The 300K is laughable, but if you worked with as many salespeople as I have, they don't blink an eye telling you that.

Between the real value, the true purchase price, and the value of my time, this boat is worth it to me. Maybe not to others, but that does not concern me.

"Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all..."

Hull to be inspected soon, I'll let you all know. The 300K is laughable, but if you worked with as many salespeople as I have, they don't blink an eye telling you that.

Between the real value, the true purchase price, and the value of my time, this boat is worth it to me. Maybe not to others, but that does not concern me.

"Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all..."
Yup my feelings exactly. Good luck with the project.

You may be a glutton for punishment, but I'm ALL IN on TEAM Bridaus...!!!!

Good luck with her... here's hoping there's not too much mush on her...

:thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom