Torqeedo Battery lock/ Bahamas dinghy lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris71

I have just purchased a 1003 Torqeedo and remember seeing a lock that was made by some machine shop that went around the battery and locked the battery to the frame. I also think there was a way tyo lock the entire engine off of that device.
I have looked, can't find it. please help
I just bought a new rib, do I have to worry about it being stolen from a Bahamian dinghy dock? IF so, how to secure. It is a 10 foot aluminum rib.
Thank you,

No one will go after your rib outside of Nassau, especially with a torqueedo on the back. Dinghy theft there is virtually non-existent. We would lock our 12' rib with 20hp outboard just as habit/precaution, but most just tie up and leave it for the day with no problems.

If you have a 15-25' center console with 50-200hp outboard, lock it up. That's the preferred target.

But either way, theft in the Bahamas is nowhere near the problem it is farther south. You're more likely to have it stolen in Florida.

I would be very careful in the Georgetown area too. Lots of dinghy thefts there a few years ago. Not sure if it is still happening. At the time the local police did not seem at all concerned about it. The cases I heard of the dinghies were stolen off boats at night.

This what I purchased for my Torqueedo. Except I paid the full price :banghead:

Outboard Lock.jpg

west-marine--high-security-outboard-bar-lock--9329905
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--high-security-outboard-bar-lock--9329905

You could then run a cable lock thru battery and this device.

Todd

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom