Mega yacht dumping trash in the Exumas, caught on camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well now, we've going going there regularly since 2002 and we have never had an issue finding where to dispose of our trash. Yes we pay, but have found facilities at every marina or public dock.
That`s how it should be, I`m not excusing the offender one bit. We`ve paid too, but even then some places are reluctant to accept garbage, due I think to their own difficulty getting rid of it.

That`s how it should be, I`m not excusing the offender one bit. We`ve paid too, but even then some places are reluctant to accept garbage, due I think to their own difficulty getting rid of it.

You reminded me of this little episode two years ago - read about half way down!

The Run Home | AtAnchor.com

This is going to be pretty tough to prove. This is like advising a PO that you witnessed someone speeding. The cop isn't going to write a ticket on someone else's word. Unless they can trace the garbage back to the individual or boat, nothing will come of this.

I'd be very cautious about Libel and Slander without substantial proof.

Pictures is pretty good proof, so is a bunch of witnesses in the anchorage who saw it happen.

Most all of the islands in the Caribbean burn their trash, if anybody thinks that goes in a proper landfill they dont really understand the islands. Doesn't excuse the idiots that just dumped ashore because it was easy.

HOLLYWOOD

This is going to be pretty tough to prove. This is like advising a PO that you witnessed someone speeding. The cop isn't going to write a ticket on someone else's word. Unless they can trace the garbage back to the individual or boat, nothing will come of this.

That might be true in the US, based on US legal process. Remember, this incident occurred NOT the US, but the Bahamas. They're not bound by the US legal system, so caution would probably be more appropriate on the part of the misbehaving crew visiting from the US. :eek:

Go listen to the song “Alices’s Restaurant”. :D

Back
Top Bottom