Boat band names...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RT Firefly

Enigma
Greetings,
As a, hopefully, amusing addition to the most excellent music thread initiated by Mr. M, how about some band names or even songs that might also serve as boat names?

For instance...The Cure. Green Day. Joy Division. Perhaps, Blood Sweat and Tears?

Opps, almost forgot our “southern” members..AC/DC.

Last edited:
Greetings,
As a, hopefully, amusing addition to the most excellent music thread initiated by Mr. M, how about some band names or even songs that might also serve as boat names?

For instance...The Cure. Green Day. Joy Division. Perhaps, Blood Sweat and Tears?

Opps, almost forgot our “southern” members..AC/DC.

Wifey B: Journey. Now one of my fave names is ABBA simply because it's the same coming and going. Pearl Jam. The Sailing Stones. Blondie. Buzzcocks. Chic. Deepest Blue. Dr Feelgood. KISS (on so many levels). Madness. If you're on the Mississippi River could be Muddy Waters. Oasis. For a SF, Phish. For a speedboat, Primal Scream. :D

Just remember at some point you have to announce the name on the radio. Here we log on and off with Marine Rescue for coastal transits,a fun name might brighten their day, or confuse the hell out of them.

Bruce - exactly!

When in the PNW 5 years ago, after leaving Victoria for the Canadian Gulf Islands there was a boat on the radio needing assistance. It was called 'Praise the Lord'. We tired of the radio chatter quite quickly. Some of the folks responding to help seemed to need convincing it wasn't a poor joke, but the guy was sincere and they really did need help.

Greetings,
My post was meant to be purely in jest. NOT suggesting anyone name their vessel “Twisted Sister” or “The Police” but if that’s your preference, fill your boots. Inappropriate names have been discussed on other threads and I am in full agreement that “Up Yours”, “Screw em” or similar are NOT the best option.

Hopefully that clears up any misunderstanding.

It seems Ms. WB has grasped the concept.

Three of my last four boats were named after songs. Well, other things, but there was as song by that name, too. Cygnus-X1 is a song by Rush. Cygnus is also the constellation which contains the Northern Cross.

Hotel California, hailing port Winslow, Arizona. Seen in Friday Harbor, Wa. last summer. Not a song or band, but several years ago we listened to a VHF conversation with a boat named Rabbit. Every time the party on the other end said "Roger, Rabbit" we broke out laughing.

My new trawler is "Seventh Sojourn" but 99% of the people I tell that to don't have a clue where the name came from. I am curious to see if the TF crowd can guess correctly...

The Late Stevie Ray Vaughan’s band “Double Trouble” for those with twin engines.

My new trawler is "Seventh Sojourn" but 99% of the people I tell that to don't have a clue where the name came from. I am curious to see if the TF crowd can guess correctly...

Wifey B: I know, I know, but I'm too moody to tell the others so just let them be blue. :D

My boat is named "Slow Hand" after a song done by the Pointer Sisters.

Ted

Geeez RT you must be getting bored in this long winter.

OK a song from South Africa and was (at the time) banned in the U.S.

Sex on the Beach....

The seventies song “ DAY BY DAY”

Last edited:
I named my boat Bad Idea.

I was very tempted to name a previous boat I owned "Big Mistake." But I knew I'd want to sell it and figured that name wouldn't help. :blush:

Not really band names, are they, Mr. RTF?
Let`s smut it up a little, we had a band called "Enormous Horns". You could mount an air horn array to show why you really used the name.

Our name is on it's third boat... "Moma's Mink III" derived from a true story forty years ago. My dad's second wife wanted a mink coat... He convinced her that owning a mink coat was politically incorrect and that since she was living on the west coast now instead of back east, it wasn't necessary. They bought a boat instead.

One name that made me smile was 'Y Vern'. I assume the admiral helped with the name?Or maybe just a rational thought after having it built?

Greetings,
My post was meant to be purely in jest. NOT suggesting anyone name their vessel “Twisted Sister” or “The Police” but if that’s your preference, fill your boots. Inappropriate names have been discussed on other threads and I am in full agreement that “Up Yours”, “Screw em” or similar are NOT the best option.

Hopefully that clears up any misunderstanding.

It seems Ms. WB has grasped the concept.

We have named every boat we've had Squeeze, both as a tribute to the 80's band we loved and as a double entendre for any other squeeze you can think of!
No joke!:angel:

Vickie aka Gouchergirl

Musical Boat names

Since both my partner and I are musicians and grew up in the 50s and 60s, our Californian trawler, naturally, had to have a musical name. Her name is "Sea C Rider".

One of my favorite 70s NorCal bands: Stark Naked and the Car Thieves. Hard to spit out on Ch 16.

One of my favorite 70s NorCal bands: Stark Naked and the Car Thieves. Hard to spit out on Ch 16.

Reminds me of a 70s band that played in Puttin Bay Ohio called “BenDover and the Screamers”

Back
Top Bottom