• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

Californian 34 LRC Sweet Marie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet marie

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Riley G
Vessel Make
29 Guilles (custom built)
Sadly I need to sell my 1979 Californian LRC. She is a great boat and other than the fact that I need to sell her for personal reasons I would never even have contemplated getting rid of her. She is in great shape and fully turn key. I am still fishing and cruising her as we speak. She has a great history that will go with her. Two year ago a 70 foot vessel, the Invicta, crashed into the south Coronado Island at three in the morning and started sinking. We were the only vessel near by and responded to the mayday. With the help of the Sweet Marie we pulled 26 people to safety before the boat disintegrated on the rocks. We then motored north for about an hour while the Coast Guard got permission to enter Mexico. She managed to do this with one engine down because of a rope that got caught in her starboard engine during the rescue. If you google it you may find some of the footage. I will post pictures of the boat later. The boat is located in San Diego, California.
34 LRC
Galley up
No lower station
twin Perkins T6.354MGT 185HP motors, flushed after every use
Raymarine rader
Humminbird 10" plotter/ sounder
Raymarine autopilot
2 VHF radios
New Antennas, 2 VHF 1 AM FM
3.5 Diesel generator
400 gallon fuel capacity
Fresh batteries
Fresh varnish on the exterior
Asking [STRIKE]$48,000[/STRIKE] $41,900

Last edited by a moderator:
price lowered

Price lowered to $41,900

Your boat is beautiful. I am on the East Coast. Already checked shippers. Looks like a ~$5K to $9K job. Really good looking boat. Wish you were closer. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks, she is a great boat. I am very sorry to have to let her go. If you are truly interested I would consider reducing the price enough to offset the delivery. Please let me know. Thanks

SM, your boat's a beautiful example of a Marshall 34 LRC.

It's the first one I've seen without a lower helm but your layout improvements and sturdy FB enclosure with creature comforts makes lots of sense for one who prefers a FB helm.

If you wouldn't mind PMing me a Hull ID Number, I'd sure appreciate it. I'm trying to break the HIN code on early JCM numbers from Marshall boats.

What a surprizing cabin! Damn nice woodwork on those Californians. Those touches on the flybridge make all the difference in a single helm.

The early ones like John's have that floating fishing cabin feel. All the interior mahogany (and the exterior teak) gives a great feel of warmth.

And they're built like tanks, too.

The early ones like John's have that floating fishing cabin feel. All the interior mahogany (and the exterior teak) gives a great feel of warmth.

And they're built like tanks, too.

What surprises me is the efficiency of the layout. It doesn’t look loke a 34 inside. The lower cabin is long. How is your layout different?

Thanks for the compliments. She is very homey. The wood and headliner are all original and in great condition. These boats are incredibly well built. The difference in our interior is that fact that I removed the original built in settee. It just was not comfortable for my 6-4 frame and did not really sleep anybody very well. The futon has been great and it allowed me to make the floor board on that side removable, which really help with engine access:thumb:. FlyWright I will get the HIN next time I go down and send it to you. Thanks :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, John! Much appreciated!

What surprises me is the efficiency of the layout. It doesn’t look loke a 34 inside. The lower cabin is long. How is your layout different?

Not to hijack John's classified ad, but I'll be brief.

With a lower stbd helm, there's a stbd door and its access where the fwd stbd cabinet is installed. Also, the CB panel is mounted vertically under the helm wheel, facing aft vs. mounted horizontally on the fwd countertop facing up.

Big changes in FB layout, seating and structure make the FB much more operator friendly in all weather conditions.

They provide much more space down below that what appears at a casual exterior glance.

Price reduced

Priced reduced to $36,000

I’m your buyer

Hello Captain,
How hard it must be to give up such a beautiful boat. I’m 56 and this is my very first boat. Aside from being rail meat on my brothers Catalina 36 back in the 80’s I have pretty much zero experience being ON a boat, much less the “captain” so I will be relying heavily on the kindness and wisdom of others. I have some great friends to help and I’d like to count on you for a thing here and there if that’s okay. I ended up here after googling stuff I need to be ready for boating on the sea.
I’m looking for safety stuff and gadgets. I’d like your input if possible. Should I buy a life raft? Is phone gps okay? Stuff like that. Talk to me like a 5 year old because that’s what I feel like. Anyhoo I guess I’ll see you Thursday morning?

David

Talk to me like a 5 year old because that’s what I feel like.

Uh, OK.....Wash your hands and face before you sit down to the dinner table, eat your peas, Go To Bed!!! If you want to cry, I'll give you something to cry about!

David,
I am looking forward to meeting you tomorrow morning. I will provide as much help and information as I can, for as long as you like. I will make sure you have my contact info. Don't be intimidated by the boat. She is very mild mannered and has never let me down. Not sure what your plans are for her but she has a very long range, especially at trawler speeds. I am glad she is going to a good home. My kids grew up with the boat and we have had a lot of good times. She likes to be used and is by no means a dock queen. Great for extended stays at Catalina and Ensenada. She is also a great fishing boat. A lot of fish have hit the deck. See you tomorrow! John

Not yet. If you are interested let me know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom