Count Down to the Seattle Boat Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seattle Boat Show Warning!!!

They are going to tear down Hwy 99 right before the boat show. Traffic is going to hit an all time clustermuk. Put this and additional time in your plan.

I have to fly down to Seattle for medical appointments the week before, so I will go either Friday or Saturday. New to us boat so I will probably have an unreasonably long wish list, and my wife is not going so I will have no voice of reason holding me back. Should be fun.

Only that loud, blaring voice of your conscience. :banghead:

I've got enough other voices in my head that drown out the sound of that one.

The indoor facility is at Century Link Field. I'm not aware or any hotels close by, but there are numerous ones downtown and lots of public transportation / Uber in the area. Another thought is the in-water portion of the show is at south lake union. As I remember there is a Residence Inn within a block of there and there is a shuttle service between the two show locations.

Is there a hotel on the groinds as the show?

Silver Cloud Hotel is right across the street. I've never stayed there so I don't know pricing but we use their bar a bunch during the show.

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure, it wasnt obvious unless you live there if that venue had hotels. Ill check oit the one across the street

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure, it wasnt obvious unless you live there if that venue had hotels. Ill check oit the one across the street
Good luck getting reservations this late. The Silver Cloud is a primary location for out if town exhibitors.

Now i just hope its a whole lot better than the vancouver event. Such a waste of time that one, hopping for at least the manufacturers to show up .

This year, like last year, there are three venues for the Seattle Boat Show: Century Link Exhibit Hall in the Sodo District, Lake Union and Bell Harbor. There is a free shuttle running between all the venues.

I’m still debating going. If so I’ll be coming down from Juneau and always stay around the airport and take the train.

Tom

Be patient. Even though there will be transportation between venues, traffic is going to be an all new kind of crazy. Give your self lots of extra time.

This year, like last year, there are three venues for the Seattle Boat Show: Century Link Exhibit Hall in the Sodo District, Lake Union and Bell Harbor. There is a free shuttle running between all the venues.

I heard they are not doing bell harbor this year due to the 99 closure. SLU and centurylink only.

I think this is the last year for Lake Union and the floating part of the show. Condo are more important for that space. They are moving the floating part to Bellevue?

Bellevue? I guess that would work as long as there were adequate shuttle busses running back and forth between the venues. The Miami boat show has the inside venue several miles from the in-water area. They're several miles apart but tons of shuttle busses running so you don't have to wait long for a ride.

Bellevue? I guess that would work as long as there were adequate shuttle busses running back and forth between the venues. The Miami boat show has the inside venue several miles from the in-water area. They're several miles apart but tons of shuttle busses running so you don't have to wait long for a ride.

Might be Bellingham? I can't seem to find an article on it.

Might be Bellingham? I can't seem to find an article on it.

The article I saw said it was moving to Everett next year. Pretty sure shuttles and transportation would be a no-go for doing both in the same day. I remember doing that commute.......

That would be great

I'll probably drive; stay on the boat in Tacoma. Show on Wednesday or Thursday (?). Ride the train from the SEA-TAC park n ride saves $15 parking and apparently earns a $6 ticket credit.

Not to mention avoiding the hwy 99 nightmare.

I'll probably drive; stay on the boat in Tacoma. Show on Wednesday or Thursday (?). Ride the train from the SEA-TAC park n ride saves $15 parking and apparently earns a $6 ticket credit.

Not to mention avoiding the hwy 99 nightmare.

If you're talking the light rail, park at Angle Lake. Its the south end of the line, one stop south of the seatac. Parking way easier.

toni

I always renew our BoatUS towing insurance at the show. The show discount makes the admission price free. :)

That would be great

Couple of us might be there the first weekend. We usually take a shift at the booth for our yacht club then wander around. Most likely will be there for sails and ales as well

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom