No-Flex vs. TankTechsRx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firstbase

Guru
Vessel Name
Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42' Classic
What is the difference between No-Flex Digestor and TankTechsRx? Aimed at different issues/prevention or 6 one way half dozen the other?

I have used both. TanktechsRx successfully cleared large blocks of struvite floating in the tank. Those floating blocks prevented complete pumpouts. TanktechsRx also restored functionality of the tank level gauge.

As for the difference - the TanktechsRx product is solely probiotic. According to the manufacturer, it is a specific bacterial recipe designed for holding tank maintenance. There are no enzymes or other materials. The action of the bacteria liquifies solid waste and also prevents the generation of the gas which forms the struvite (the grey concrete -like material that blocks the tank and hoses and interferes with the tank level gauge components in the tank.

It is my understanding that Noflex consists of enzymes, bacteria and perhaps other material. The TanktechsRx is working well for me - it cleared the initial problem (the NoFlex did not) and pumpouts are no longer an anxiety inducing problem.

I have used both. TanktechsRx successfully cleared large blocks of struvite floating in the tank. Those floating blocks prevented complete pumpouts. TanktechsRx also restored functionality of the tank level gauge.

As for the difference - the TanktechsRx product is solely probiotic. According to the manufacturer, it is a specific bacterial recipe designed for holding tank maintenance. There are no enzymes or other materials. The action of the bacteria liquifies solid waste and also prevents the generation of the gas which forms the struvite (the grey concrete -like material that blocks the tank and hoses and interferes with the tank level gauge components in the tank.

It is my understanding that Noflex consists of enzymes, bacteria and perhaps other material. The TanktechsRx is working well for me - it cleared the initial problem (the NoFlex did not) and pumpouts are no longer an anxiety inducing problem.

Thanks for the reply. I believe it was your thread I read that made me start thinking about it. I believe the No-Flex didn't help but you left the TanktechsRx in for...23 days? and it solved your problem? How long did you leave the No-Flex in?

A question and further explanation -

Are you in the process of clearing a clog?

That was my situation. I can't recall specifically how long I attempted to clear the tank with NoFlex. I recall that I added the NoFlex to the tank over a period of many weeks. I used two bottles of the powder over that time. During that period I attempted several unsuccessful pumpouts. The tank sat for varying periods between the failed pump outs. On each try the pumpout would empty only 1/2 tank. There was no change.

I switched to the TankTechsRx after speaking with the company's owner. At his suggestion I added a large dose of the product through the toilet and another large dose from the deck opening and down through the pumpout line. This allowed the bacterial soup to work on the clog from both ends. Leaving it to sit for a long time as I did was essentially circumstantial (there is no certain period of time required to correct a blockage - it would probably vary with each individual situation). At that time I had no need to attempt the pumpout earlier and there was no reason not to extend the time.

As I mentioned in the original thread, I have had professional experience working with bacteria-based organics, and everything the company owner said would happen happened. And the theory behind his claims checked out with what I had known before I spoke to him. I'm still using the TankTechsRx according to the directions as a regular maintenance routine.

I should also note that I don't believe there is a way to guarantee success with a pumpout failure - it could be the result of many different causes.

I've used NoFlex and continue to w good results. My problem was not blockage but rather bad anaerobic bacteria smell. I added a bubbler at the same time. Maybe Peggie will chime in w her experience & knowledge.
I believe the NoFlex promotes aerobic bacteria growth via oxygenation. I compared MSDS and found a large % of ingredients were the same as oxiclean but don't know much about the other minor ingredients.
I finally found a way to add a straighter and larger dia vent which was completed at winter haul out. That may or may not eliminate need to run my bubbler but thought it was worth a try even if I still need to bubble that's OK.

Noflex will liquefy the organic sludge over a couple of uses
Two bottles would treat like 500 gallons and eliminate odors almost instantly

struvite's magnesium ammonium phosphate.
Noflex will not work on struvite's in the tank this is more of a RV problem anyway.
With boats forms it in the piping systems and can cause restrictions and it has to be treated directly; why not do it when you clean the toilet

www.amazon.com/Zaal-Vacuum-Toilet-Cleaner-Descaler/dp/B07DFBLKNG

lucky day - no, not clearing a clog. Jut trying to clean it out best I can. Honestly, I haven't even opened it up to take a look inside. It may very well be clean as a whistle. Tank came with the boat and unknown history of cleaning although a known history of having a completely clogged at the tank vent line, my discovery incident documented elsewhere on TF. In searching for info on heads I came across the threads about NO-Flex and TanktechsRx. I already had some No-Flex and put an initial startup load in yesterday. Will wait a while..a week? and then fill it and pump out. See what comes out. I am going to be replacing the vent line cap on top over the next month or so will check out the status inside at that time. The only issue I have had is the occasional smell when flushing. I believe that is a venting issue as I only have one vent and it takes numerous twists and turns to get to the thru-hull. I need to see if I can straighten it out and add a second vent on the other side.

Sea-Q - already ordered a bottle to give it a try. I know from installing a new head that there is crystalline buildup in places. Hoping the Zaal Toilet Bowl Cleaner will help with that.

Sorry for long winded response. Just confused on the two products and the differences. HAve always heard good things about No-Flex and curious if they are both aimed at the same thing. Is there some instance you would use one or the other?

Lucky, is there any chance that, like the proverbial pickle jar, the No-Flex did a lot of the hard work and then TanktechsRx came in as the hero in the end?

Is the Zaal compatible with the other products? Any chlorine in bowl cleaner will kill the microbes in the tank leaving you as bad as before you started.

"any chance that, like the proverbial pickle jar, the No-Flex did a lot of the hard work and then TanktechsRx came in as the hero in the end?"

Certainly that is possible.

Good morning
The retail Toilet bowl cleaners are junk and we make lots of it for the grocery chains (bleach is the most popular).

Zaal toilet bowl cleaner is an 2 acid base formula specially designed to soften and remove uric and calcium scale build up
Normal use will not affect the tank and it is septic safe
Non foaming so it does not affect the duck bills or vacuum chamber
It contains a lubricant.
It can also be used in conjunction with Noflex "just not at the same time "

Can you clarify the procedure to use both products in the same tank? From your post it is not completely clear that there is zero chlorine or other microbe killer in your product, can you verify this, or is that what “septic safe” means?

No chlorine at all in product ZERO
Safe for septics meaning it will have a very low impact on bacteria growth if at all. It is not a disinfectant but a bowl cleaner and scale remover.
Once a week or when needed to remove stains or to freshen toilet
Don't use the Noflex right after or just before cleaning toilet put a couple of flushes in between each .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom