Anyone else get out on the water today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
My Galley Wench and I have a history of making our last cruise of the year the lighted boat parade and our first one of the year our New Year's Day cruise. So today we took Beachcomber out for a short cruise.

It was just about 40* with a light breeze, a high thin overcast with bits of sunshine, and not surprisingly, not many other boats out on the river.

Here we are headed upstream after pulling out of the marina....
IMG_1280.jpg

Going under Old Glory....
IMG_1281.jpg

and an hour or so later headed back toward the slip....
IMG_1282.jpg

All things considered it was a short cruise but kept a long tradition alive. Any day on the water is a great day, and we got home in time to watch the Rose Bowl.

Happy New Year to all of you.

New Years Day in Andrews Bay, Lake Washington.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1546385401954.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546385401954.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 103
Since our river froze over last night, we couldn’t go out...

Mike, Where were the Dawgs the first three quarters ?
I think they got lost in SEATAC airport and missed the plane. Pretty pathetic showing until the 4th quarter. I think they learned that trick from the Seahawks. The Hawks have always been a second half team but when they played the 49'ers they looked horrible.

Imagine, almost getting your butts kicked by one of the worst teams in the whole frickin' NFL, just as you're headed into the playoffs.

This is going to sound like heresy, but I think we need a different (read that as taller) quarterback. One who can see over his offensive line and one who knows how to get the ball out of his hands quickly.

We're always out on the water, does that count?

Mike, A boating friend once referred to his significant other as his Galley Wench at a dock party we attended. Her comment was, 'if you call me that again you should call my lawyer'. Touched a nerve I guess!:whistling:

We were out New Years Eve, moving the boat back to home port.

Hey Mike, glad you and Tina made it out on New Years day - great tradition! This balmy weather has kept me busy with a couple of land based projects. This past weekend I finally started relieving the old gal of her parade decorations and prepping for a coolant system flush and complete hose R&R.

Mike, A boating friend once referred to his significant other as his Galley Wench at a dock party we attended. Her comment was, 'if you call me that again you should call my lawyer'. Touched a nerve I guess!:whistling:

I'm safe there. GW was Tina's idea. She liked that better than Admiral.

Mike, A boating friend once referred to his significant other as his Galley Wench :

Most of our other boats had an anchor wench.
The wench was grateful when the next few had an actual anchor windlass.

New Years eve day went out for a trip around Blake Island just because it was a nice day. Got back to the slip and my friend received a call from a friend on a new to him sail boat that was having problems. The wind had died and when he went to start the out board it for some reason refused to stay on the transom and went for a deep dive. Turned out that we had to go almost to Gig Harbor to retrieve and tow the sail boat to Port Orchard. It was a beautiful night and I had my first Puget Sound experience in the dark. Got back to my slip around 2200. My question is does the boat karma go forward to 2019 or did it expire at New Years Eve. Hi

Back
Top Bottom