View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #4
Norlund

City: Toronto
Pilot 34 Cabin Light Removal

On my P34 Hardtop the lights are a TIGHT fit in holes drilled into plywood blocks attached to the underside of the hardtop. Got mine out the first time by working a thin putty knife between the edge of the light and the ceiling fabric. I actually used several spatulas to apply pressure. After I got mine all out I used a round file to enlarge the holes to make it an looser fit.

Mine have been removed several times now - the first time was to replace a burnt out halogen bulb, the next time to change the bulbs to LED's, and the third time to remove the ceiling liner fabric so that I could remove the Radar cable - it snakes back and forth in the ceiling. When I had it out I discovered that the radar was not working due to a poorly inserted power wire in the radar dome! Fixed the power wire and put it all back together. Hard work that took MANY hours with hands up overhead - tough on the shoulder and neck muscles. Only consolation was not having to buy/install a new Radar system and not getting billed several boat bucks for "yard labour".
Norlund is offline   Reply With Quote