New Law For Engine Cut-Off-Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the biggest impact of the new law on us trawlermen is the extension of vessel documentation from one year to five years.

"Kennedy added the Coast Guard Act also extended the vessel documentation term from one year to five years. Anyone renewing his or her vessel documentation through the Coast Guard’s National Vessel will receive a five-year certificate – instead of the usual one-year renewal – thanks to the new law.

“Making recreational-vessel documentation renewal easier by now requiring it only once every five years is a consumer-friendly move,” Kennedy said."

I think the biggest impact of the new law on us trawlermen is the extension of vessel documentation from one year to five years.

"Kennedy added the Coast Guard Act also extended the vessel documentation term from one year to five years. Anyone renewing his or her vessel documentation through the Coast Guard’s National Vessel will receive a five-year certificate – instead of the usual one-year renewal – thanks to the new law.

“Making recreational-vessel documentation renewal easier by now requiring it only once every five years is a consumer-friendly move,” Kennedy said."

Very true....... What about keys on dinks?

I am not seeing any difference on the cut off switch other than it will be on all boats up to 26’. Every outboard or dingy I have boughten in the last 10 years had a cut off switch.

Not many setups didn't have a cutoff switch in my experience.

NJ also mandates they be attached to the driver if so equiped.

Back
Top Bottom