Thread: Camano Radar
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
NCheaven

City: Chocowinity, (Cypress Landing) NC
Vessel Name: Boatwright
Vessel Model: Camano 31
Camano Radar

I'm planning to replace electronics this winter and need the benefit of experienced Camano radar users.

1. If your radar is forward of the flying bridge steering station, what protection do you have for radiation back into the steering station? Do you ever use the radar in a forward mounted location when you are on the flying bridge? (I'm planning on buying the newer, low powered pulse compression Fantom Garmon radar, 40 watts, supposedly much safer.)

2. How do you manage to search behind your boat with forward mounted radar - do you turn the vessel around to look back, or can forward mounted radar somehow see behind the vessel?

3. Does your radar connect by any means to both the flybridge MFD and to the main cabine MFD, or just one or the other?

4. What is ideal new electronics package for a Camano in your opinion?

5. Would you install a new Auto Pilot, too, compatable with your new MFDs, or stick with your old Auto Pilot. (I get along well with my old Raymarine, simply inputting new headings at each intended course change, don't feel a need to load multiple waypoints.)

Thank you for your input! Can't wait to see the array of good ideas from this group!
NCheaven is offline   Reply With Quote