New Member Spinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spinner

Guru
Hello!

Nordic Tug (2003, 42) and , former Ranger Tug (29 and 31) owner, looking for a place to chat with like-minded folks.

I am a single-hander, although I do sometimes cruise with family or friends on board. My homeport is Elliott Bay Marina, Seattle WA, and I cruise anywhere from Puget Sound to Alaska.

I don’t live aboard, but I do spend months cruising each year .... :)

Hi Spinner

I think you've found the place. Is Spinner the boat's name?

Our 2002 NT 37 lives winters in Liberty Bay (Poulsbo), cruising up through BC and SE AK roughly May through September. Single handed a good bit of the time. Maybe we'll see you in 2019.

Hi Richard, you moor in one of my favorite local destinations!

See you “out there!”

Hi, my boat name has been the same through three boats now! It has several meanings for me: I am cyclist, I spin wool on a spinning wheel, and as a bonus, it’s an uncommon boat name and easy to understand on the radio!

Welcome aboard, Spinner! Lots of like-minded folks here and plenty from your local waters.

I remember Elliott Bay from flying into Boeing Field. Very industrial looking from the air. Does the air traffic noise present an problem there?

Hi Al, there is a fair amount of air traffic overhead, but not enough to be obnoxious (at least to me). More importantly, the marina is on the salt water and is well kept and secure, which outweighs almost everything else....

Welcome Spinner!

We crossed paths a few years ago at Priness Louisa on the dock. Good to run across you again. Nice new boat you have!

See you out there!

Welcome, nice Tug

Last edited:
Not me, not blonde! It’s easy - I like the name, and my books and charts have the correct boat name!

search

I thought you might be this spinner? The one that came over for dinner last night.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wag...ECBcQAw&biw=1366&bih=922#imgrc=KNzfT7mmEsdd8M

Ha ha ha !! See, I took your advice and joined the forum! Thanks again for a really nice dinner!!

Welcome aboard TF.
Very nice boat you have.
The stories behind boat names are always interesting... some obvious... others not so much.
Your next assignment is to post some pics.

Welcome Spinner, nice boat and unique name. Lots to talk about on this forum, you won't be bored :D

Welcome to the Forum!

Cheers,

Hello!

Nordic Tug (2003, 42) and , former Ranger Tug (29 and 31) owner, looking for a place to chat with like-minded folks.

I am a single-hander, although I do sometimes cruise with family or friends on board. My homeport is Elliott Bay Marina, Seattle WA, and I cruise anywhere from Puget Sound to Alaska.

I don’t live aboard, but I do spend months cruising each year .... :)

Welcome! A few of us are at EBM as well!

Welcome, from another EBM neighbor. I wish I had been there last night for the fireworks from the Space Needle.

Al, I find the air traffic completely non- intrusive and the vibe below the Magnolia Bluff anything but industrial.

I like EBM as well! I am struggling a bit with getting a slip that works. I get a club discount on docks H and I, but the larger slips face the wrong way for my bow in/starboard tie confuguration☹️

Welcome, from another EBM neighbor. I wish I had been there last night for the fireworks from the Space Needle.

Al, I find the air traffic completely non- intrusive and the vibe below the Magnolia Bluff anything but industrial.

I agree. The vibe is totally different once you get into the marina grounds. We love Maggie's and palisade. All it needs is a coffee shop!

Wifey B: We were at Elliott Bay briefly and couldn't believe all the negative opinions we'd heard, especially here, were of the same place. We loved the marina. :)

Wifey B: We were at Elliott Bay briefly and couldn't believe all the negative opinions we'd heard, especially here, were of the same place. We loved the marina. :)

At least some of the negative reviews stem from a couple of issues. It is on the expensive side and it is a ways away from downtown.

The only real knock on EBM is being broadside to the prevailing wind. Eventually Sue will get the right slip. Slips are hard to come by in Seattle, choice slips are of course harder yet to come by. Don’t forget Sue, you get a discount at Maggi’s.

The only real knock on EBM is being broadside to the prevailing wind. Eventually Sue will get the right slip. Slips are hard to come by in Seattle, choice slips are of course harder yet to come by. Don’t forget Sue, you get a discount at Maggi’s.

Yep. And tight fairways. On the other hand once you get used to them everywhere else is a piece of cake.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom