View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #12
TollyLucia
Veteran Member

City: Las Vegas, NV
Much thanks to everyone who responded. I feel like the holding tank situation with a vacuflush (as mentioned) and a macerator, will do. Perhaps not ideal but I'm not going to let that be a deal breaker.

Jason -

You're right, I actually laughed reading your post, but their was some logic to my train of thought to considering those boats, I didn't include in my OP to try to keep it shorter. But real quick. I've got a small express single now (my Tollycraft is in storage for another day, to be redone). It's small. I spend long weekends on it now and it gets small quick. But I do enjoy the outdoor space. Got me thinking, just get a bigger one. Looked at a Sundancer 290. Nice boat. Felt VERY similar to my current boat though which I'm sure you can relate to, when you aren't thrilled with something and then the new one reminds you of it.. nope.

Looking for something express like but different (with diesel power) lead me to the Tiara 3500 Open. Huge boat, very nice, spacious. But like you said... engines, lots of systems, etc. Pricey though. I like the hard top ones. Somewhere around here is when I found the Camano 31. Now. Had I not seen the Tiara, I may have bought the first Camano I got on. The Camano felt small but I loved it. The berth and cockpit though, compared to the Tiara, obviously different worlds. The Tiara however has the same "cave" style interior that my express does which I don't prefer. The Camano is the opposite. Which I absolutely love.

So I thought, I just need a bigger Camano. Enter Mainship 390 which I do very much like. But I believe for my intended use is too large. I'm not going to be living aboard (unfortunately!) so I was back to square one. Somewhere I found the funky (IMO) Albin 32+2 which I like the large salon and berth. But I have not been on one.

Hopefully that explains why I've considered those boats. Now JLD has me googling the Mainship 34 Pilot... and now I have to see one of those. Does remind me of the Tiara though. The layout is very similar.

If their was a Camano 35, with 3 feet more cockpit space and 2 feet more for a pedestal berth, I don't think I'd be debating it.

And for what's it is worth, I have only been on one Camano. And it was a quick tour and didn't run the boat at all. I'd rather not bother brokers / owners looking at boats until I'm ready to buy.

But I will say this. I am okay with what you mentioned about speed. I am not looking for speed. Your boat is going to sell quick once it warms up. I would be a buyer for sure as she looks awesome and the improvements you've made are perfect. I am looking for one with a generator and I do not need the heater.
TollyLucia is offline   Reply With Quote