Members who have an old lifeboat turned into a trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any info on those? I wonder if they were stripped of their running gear for other boats? I've ran into that while looking for one to buy.

Here's where I saw them

https://goo.gl/maps/3SWAH68gRdN2

No further information, sorry. There are countless operations around this area that cater(ed) to the offshore oil and gas industry. I just thought of this thread as I was cruising by yesterday.

Here's where I saw them

https://goo.gl/maps/3SWAH68gRdN2

No further information, sorry. There are countless operations around this area that cater(ed) to the offshore oil and gas industry. I just thought of this thread as I was cruising by yesterday.
Thanks. I'll send them and email and see what happens.

I'm late to this thread but I wanted to throw mine in there. This is a picture of what it used to look like but I've repowered it and am building a different cabin now. whaleboat 1.jpg

Very cool! Need more pics. :thumb:

I believe that's the only old picture I have of it and unfortunately it's currently under a cover and isn't complete yet. I have the engine installed, the new deck and wash rails on but haven't started the shelter yet, it' going to have a lot more deck space as I'm going to use it for fishing. I do have one picture of the mess last summer.DSCN1385.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1385.jpg
    DSCN1385.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I'm late to this thread but I wanted to throw mine in there. This is a picture of what it used to look like but I've repowered it and am building a different cabin now.View attachment 83795
I really like that. What company made the hull and what model, if you don't mind sharing.

I really like that. What company made the hull and what model, if you don't mind sharing.

It was built at the Webbers Cove boatyard here in Maine as a USCG motor whaleboat. She's a bit unique as military whaleboats go as she had a Perkins 4-108 with a Borg Warner 72c transmission and a skeg. Most Navy whaleboats have a Paragon gear that's unique to those boats and no skeg. Also she has more sheer with a higher bow and less rise in the stern than Navy boats.

It was built at the Webbers Cove boatyard here in Maine as a USCG motor whaleboat. She's a bit unique as military whaleboats go as she had a Perkins 4-108 with a Borg Warner 72c transmission and a skeg. Most Navy whaleboats have a Paragon gear that's unique to those boats and no skeg. Also she has more sheer with a higher bow and less rise in the stern than Navy boats.
Thanks. You're right, I would have never guessed her to be a Navy boat. I was thinking she was a custom build. Good specs for a nice cruiser or fishing boat.

Thanks. You're right, I would have never guessed her to be a Navy boat. I was thinking she was a custom build. Good specs for a nice cruiser or fishing boat.

You have a good eye. The point of my project is to have a boat that'll cruise at between 5 and 6kts. while using less than a half gallon of fuel per hour. According to Boatdiesel's calculator at 5kts. it should use .3 gallons per hour.

You have a good eye. The point of my project is to have a boat that'll cruise at between 5 and 6kts. while using less than a half gallon of fuel per hour. According to Boatdiesel's calculator at 5kts. it should use .3 gallons per hour.

I believe that. That hull looks slippery shaped. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom