The very last and final Burgee Poll! Please Vote!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which ones do you like??

Votes: 36 36.4%

Votes: 11 11.1%

Votes: 8 8.1%

Votes: 17 17.2%

Votes: 15 15.2%

Votes: 16 16.2%

Votes: 17 17.2%

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
Mr. JP. Yup, lots of members BUT far fewer active members. I'd guess less than 100 on a regular basis...

Not sure how this should have been handled. However asking people to vote means lots of folks will not get the one they want. Like asking what color you want your new car and than being told it only comes in black. How else to decide, just pick one, tell us the cost if say we buy enough for everyone. Then try and raise the money by member donation And give everyone one.

Give everyone one who wants one. Keep the others for replacements. don't order any till we raise all the money.

I think for an organization that doesn't really have any official infrastructure to handle this sort of deal, we're doing okay. We don't have a president, treasurer, secretary, or procurement associate, or an established procedure for how to do this sort of thing, after all. It's all being shuffled forward by a few volunteers that are interested in doing so.

We just wanted to make sure that anyone who wanted to give their input had a good chance to do so. Sure, most people won't get their first choice, but that's how democracy tends to work, it seems. Hopefully we end up with the largest possible group of people that are at least somewhat happy with the design.

After this poll is wrapped up, we'll get together with the manufacturer, nail down a rough number of orders, and figure out the best way to get them. It might work out that you'll all be able to order individually from the factory, and it might work out that money will need to be raised in advance. We'll figure that all out in the next step.

Yikes I did not realize there are almost 19 thousand members!!!!!!!!
I will shut up now

Greetings,
Mr. JP. Yup, lots of members BUT far fewer active members. I'd guess less than 100 on a regular basis...

I think you're probably right RT, which makes our 70 something voters actually not a bad turnout. Hopefully we can get up over 100. The poll is still open until 11/29. Thanks for voting!

1 or 7 works for me. But regardless, I'd fly any of them. An outstanding effort! Now if we could all vote for the best engine oil...

Number 4

... I'd fly any of them. An outstanding effort! Now if we could all vote for the best engine oil...
and after that, the best anchor!
Now, y`all are wearing your TF T shirts?

Did Betsy Ross have this much difficulty? Thanks to all of the forum vexillologists for their time and effort and as a true democracy would have it, I will buy the flag voted on by the majority.

Did Betsy Ross have this much difficulty? Thanks to all of the forum vexillologists for their time and effort and as a true democracy would have it, I will buy the flag voted on by the majority.

Totally irrelevant (remember it is me posting) but Betsy Ross didn't have these problems because the story of her sewing it up while sitting in that rocking chair was created by her family. They even threw George Washington into the mix which was nice and made for an awesome painting. Good family story, just not true. Now, the reason for this post:

The real designer was a naval flag designer who, pay attention to this part, requested to be paid with a "Quarter cask of public wine".

Just sayin'.

The Committee

Totally irrelevant (remember it is me posting) but Betsy Ross didn't have these problems because the story of her sewing it up while sitting in that rocking chair was created by her family. They even threw George Washington into the mix which was nice and made for an awesome painting. Good family story, just not true. Now, the reason for this post:

The real designer was a naval flag designer who, pay attention to this part, requested to be paid with a "Quarter cask of public wine".

Just sayin'.

The Committee
Apologies. No disrespect intended.:eek:

Apologies. No disrespect intended.:eek:

No disrespect whatsoever! I threw in the Betsy Ross story to try to get others interest. Seems like it is an old naval tradition to pay those designing a flag....you know, in alcohol.

Let me repeat, it is an old naval tradition to pay those designing a flag in alcohol.

Last edited:
Firstbase, where should I send your bottle of two buck Chuck? :)

Firstbase, where should I send your bottle of two buck Chuck? :)

If it's good enough for Trader Joe's then it's good enough for me! However asking someone to ship something where the shipping costs more than the item would just be rude.

Last edited:
Pennant

#6, one of these days I will figure out how to get my photo with my info.

Do you put burgee on anchors or anchor rode???? LOL

Used as the mark for 100' of anchor line. Geez. Everyone knows that.

14 Hours to go folks! Today's the last day! Get your votes in while you still can! So far we've got 93 votes for 19,000 members. Let's close that gap up a bit, shall we?

Just a friendly reminder that for your vote to count, you have to vote in the actual poll on the desktop site. Comments or posts on their own will not be taken into account.

96! Almost to 100! Let's make it happen, party people!

Attachments

• done.jpg
    done.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 35
Alright sports fans, that's a wrap on the voting shenanigans. We've got ourselves a clear winner. The winner of this fight, by a margin of more than two to one over the second place finisher, is burgee #1. Feast your eyes upon it's magnificence:

Attachments

• Final 1.jpg
    Final 1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 34
Holy **** Batman!
Ok, now on to the Hat, T-Shirt, Hoody, Key Chain and Sticker Polls!
Just kidding, Thanks all!

It was a good old poll. I mean polls. Sure seemed longer than 1 month and 7 days.

Attachments

• Burgee RIP.jpg
    Burgee RIP.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom