Thread: Single parents?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 06:39 AM   #9
MamaShark

City: New England
Thanks guys!

A little clarification, I definitely have no interest in living in a boat in winter in New England. I would do work up here because I would have family and lots of tools close by. My cousin takes apart engines for fun and has a degree to go with it. Then between my brothers; dad, and closest friends, I have a plumber, master electrician, and carpenters. I would wait to live on it until after any work was done. I could move back to my parents while we did work to save money. I know that buying a cheaper boat needing work isn’t really going to save me any money over buying one that’s ready to go.

Once I go, I would make the journey south during summer vacation months. My son won’t still be 7 when we go.. I am guessing closer to 10. (He turns 8 in February). I will be somewhere that he can go to school Monday-Friday and I can work.

I dive already, he is counting down til he is old enough to dive as well. We are both avid kayakers as well. He also fishes a lot. He doesn’t know that I want to live on a boat yet, but he still talks a lot about the summer on the sailboat. He actually says we should live on a boat. He doesn’t know how much I want to.
MamaShark is offline   Reply With Quote