Mainship?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ulearnasugo

HI all… I am looking to purchase a trawler. I am looking at Nordic Tug, Beneteau Swifts, highly modified Bayliner 32 Diesels, etc, Along with the list is Mainships. Not bad from my untrained eye ( Previous Tolly owner, a 30 and 34 Sportfish) I keep finding Mainships at much lower prices than the others. Not able to see differences, what am I missing? thanks Ulearnasugo.

You're not missing anything....Mainship is a quality utilitarian boat, simple as that. It just doesn't have the "status" of the others. I have a 1985 Luhrs Mainship....we LOVE IT!

HI all… I am looking to purchase a trawler. I am looking at Nordic Tug, Beneteau Swifts, highly modified Bayliner 32 Diesels, etc, Along with the list is Mainships. Not bad from my untrained eye ( Previous Tolly owner, a 30 and 34 Sportfish) I keep finding Mainships at much lower prices than the others. Not able to see differences, what am I missing? thanks Ulearnasugo.

Look closely you will see the Mainships doesn’t have the level of detail, woodwork, or quite frankly workmanship Of the others that you mentioned. Not putting them down as they were constructed to meet a price point. They are overall good boats with not a lot of expensive finishing touches. Many out there with happy owners. Sort of like a Chevy or a Mercedes. They both will get you to work.

An excellent 1st trawler, and many Mainship owners move up to larger or newer Mainships for their next boat.

Like wyoboater said: "Mainship is a quality utilitarian boat,"

They got it right where it was important, and kept it simple. For example, the components on a Mainship are typically quality selections. Perkins engines on the originals (+ others,) Sea Star steering, Rule bilge pumps, Princess stoves, Jabsco heads, etc.

For a fixer upper the originals are probably one of the best values in small cruisers on the market. Prices as low as the teens its hard to get more boat for the money, and all the idioscrincies are well known so you can go in eyes wide open

:socool:

There are a lot of satisfied prior and current MS owners.
We certainly like our '08 34HT as it fits our cruising style and preferences. When traveling with our friends Tiara we get 2x - 3x the inquiries and compliments... and we paid 1/4 the price of the Tiara.
Are they everyone's dream boat... maybe not but worth keeping on the list and evaluating.

Check out the 430 Mainship listed by Curtis Stokes in Homa, Louisiana

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom