Burgee poll results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Al - I wasn't aware of the history.
The subject was raised and I thought it worth of investigating.
I didn't think there would be an issue.
I'll continue to follow-up until we have a firm answer and confirm w/ the group

I had some spare time to help gather info, now my plate is pretty full getting the boat ready for winter and last few projects before we return to home in a few weeks.
At this point, I’m in agreement with the majority of you on the basics of a burgee. It might get a bit pricey for mirror image on both sides, embroidering, ink work, multiple colors....you get the point.
A quick view of a few sites on price range and $40-$100 (or more) seems the norm for one off flags. Quantity orders,and the price comes down somewhat.
Price isn’t a concern to me, but many others may not be willing to part with the cash for a burgee. Still a bunch cheaper than any “Yacht Club Burgee”.
Then do we buy direct or does one of us have to order, handle the shipping, collect funds...you get the drift.
I just cant commit to the time to “manage” or even be an assistant. Sorry but the boat and life has to get ready for this next voyage.
So I’m still onboard to buy one anyway, what ever “WE” decide, and Don, you have my vote to become the “Turtle Herder”!
Cheers!

Don, I'll help out and I believe there are a couple of others who will step up once they get back this thread.

So I’m still onboard to buy one anyway, what ever “WE” decide, and Don, you have my vote to become the “Turtle Herder”!
Cheers!

LOL:D:eek::thumb:

Trying to herd cats, turtles, anchors and rode all in one. Thanks Crusty for your wise assistance.....:banghead:

Greetings,
Turtle Herder? A lot better than the Turd Hurler...Wait...what?

giphy.gif

Ok, what is a burgee? Just kidding...

bur·gee
/bərˈjē,ˈbərjē/

noun

A flag bearing the colors or emblem of a sailing club or group, typically triangular, development of which generally leads to the fracturing of the club or group into smaller clubs or groups each thinking the other has lost it's mind.

Yacht clubs and their members may fly their club's burgee while under way and at anchor, day or night.

Sailing vessels may fly the burgee either from the main masthead or from a halyard under the lowermost starboard spreader.

Most all powerboats (i.e., those lacking any mast or having a single mast) fly the burgee off a short staff at the bow.

Two-masted power vessels fly the burgee at the foremast.

Just sayen! :D

For further enumeration...

http://www.usps.org/national/fecom/faq/flag/gaffpole.html

Last edited:
Poll

She's right.. #6 won hands down.. I don't remember what it looks like.. But the majority want this one.. I will purchase whichever one you choose.. and If you choose to have a vote again.. I recommend a decisive.. 1 vote per person. :)

I have decided what will make everyone happy and you can spend as much as you like. Everyone decides what they want as far as colors and logo and purchase it and fly it where you want. I’ve done mine already and it is camo with a camo logo, I asked a few guys at the dock and they couldn’t see it (it is camo). I’m happy and I didn’t spend a dime (it is camo).

Yup... As I recall... #6 was a nice looking burgee.

Could some burgee guru please post a picture of #6 burgee, on this thread!

If it's as I remember... I'll purchase one.

TY!! Art

Whatever the decision is I’ll buy at least one, if not very good quality I’ll buy a couple because I might outlive the burgee.

Sorry for the quality.

Actually that one was a mistake. i uploaded the version that had the logo offset a little towards the fly. Meant to be centered. Funny, that one got the most votes. It was also a rough draft. Here is a cleaner version with logo in 3 places. Hard to tell much difference. Just for fun. It's fun right? Yes, I believe it is supposed to be fun. :)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 6b.jpg
    6b.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 6c.jpg
    6c.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 166
I like the TF to sides of and with a navy anchor symbol in the middle of burgee flag.

For comparison, would like to see same symbol also in middle with single point on flag end. Thanks, if you can also present that item without too much hassle on your part.

Colors and border seem fine!

My charge card is getting all hot n' heavy/ready to eventually have a TF burgee.

I'll relinquish our 10 yr. old "Tollycraft" burgee to a wall plaque... That is, if I can get all the mildew/dirt cleaned off it. Its symbol is simply a white three blade prop with "T" in its center circle and 50/50 top bottom colors of grey and blue for burgee material.

headerforum2017.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here you go Art. Logo might be a little large but you get the idea.

Attachments

• PennantArt.jpg
    PennantArt.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
FirstB. Fun? This is supposed to be fun? I have nightmares at night just thinking about this burgee. Really, this is your idea of fun? Thanks for taking the bull by the horns. I’m happy with anything.

Here you go Art. Logo might be a little large but you get the idea.

Thanks! - I like both and am taking both designs to my Admiral! :dance: Get back to you soon. :thumb:

Which do you like best?

Maybe color on boarder could be a bit thicker on single point burgee??

Again... Thanks!! :D

Thanks! - I like both and am taking both designs to my Admiral! :dance: Get back to you soon. :thumb:

Which do you like best?

Meaning thicker yellow, black, or both?

Which do you like best?

Admiral and I have chosen pointed burgee with larger boarder color!

Make it and I'll buy it. :thumb: - Art :D

Perfect. Freeze frame. Take orders. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom